"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,285 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I bloody hope so.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2021, 04:21:52 PM
Quote from: Guts on Mar 29, 2021, 01:32:51 AM
If i'm to be honest, Ridley in most of his interviews doesn't make sense, he pack peddles a lot and then contradicts himself.

That's how evolution works.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 29, 2021, 01:48:21 PM
Director Clint Eastwood has him beat! He just wrapped another film four weeks ago called 'Cry Macho' at the young age of 90!  :o

To be fair, his films are much smaller in scope. Ridley still does big scale productions.

Well it's gotten worse as he's got older tbh. Stuff he says makes no sense lmao. Still love listening to Ridley, especially on the behind the scenes of making his movies, it's great to see his thought process. But yeh, he's all over the place with train of thought and direction during interviews. I don't think even himself knows the direction of the Alien series half of the time, the guy's probably winging ideas and seeing which one sticks.

Kimarhi

Ridley is quite possibly, a crazy man.

Clint didn't have a space monster named after him.

BlueMarsalis79

Love him for it.

Huggs

I wish we could've seen a Tony Scott Alien film.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Guts on Apr 06, 2021, 07:10:37 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2021, 04:21:52 PM
Quote from: Guts on Mar 29, 2021, 01:32:51 AM
If i'm to be honest, Ridley in most of his interviews doesn't make sense, he pack peddles a lot and then contradicts himself.

That's how evolution works.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 29, 2021, 01:48:21 PM
Director Clint Eastwood has him beat! He just wrapped another film four weeks ago called 'Cry Macho' at the young age of 90!  :o

To be fair, his films are much smaller in scope. Ridley still does big scale productions.

Well it's gotten worse as he's got older tbh. Stuff he says makes no sense lmao. Still love listening to Ridley, especially on the behind the scenes of making his movies, it's great to see his thought process. But yeh, he's all over the place with train of thought and direction during interviews. I don't think even himself knows the direction of the Alien series half of the time, the guy's probably winging ideas and seeing which one sticks.

I hope we get to see whatever sticks next.

Predator@Alien

Is there any chance that we will ever get the script of Awakening, if we never see it on screen ?

BlueMarsalis79

I sincerely doubt it.

Voodoo Magic

Perhaps a Titan novelization one day!

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah when the film comes out. 😋

Predator@Alien

As long as I have the story I'm happy. Of course, I would have preferred a film but the most important is the story. So a script, a novel... i's better than nothing !

Nightmare Asylum

I don't know if I fully agree with that one. On paper, I didn't like what Alien: Covenant seemed to be at all. It wasn't until I actually saw the on-screen execution that I came around to really dig it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed