"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,360 times)

bb-15

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 13, 2020, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 13, 2020, 10:07:24 AM
Quote from: Billiken on Oct 13, 2020, 12:24:44 AM
I think finish the saga. Don't be a prick tease and leave us hanging. To be honest I've enjoyed the prequels.

I applaud your honesty. Me too

No one's deliberately being a tease. It's more the almighty box office receipts have spoken.

Yes! And on the grander scale of the stu
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 13, 2020, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 13, 2020, 10:07:24 AM
Quote from: Billiken on Oct 13, 2020, 12:24:44 AM
I think finish the saga. Don't be a prick tease and leave us hanging. To be honest I've enjoyed the prequels.

I applaud your honesty. Me too

No one's deliberately being a tease. It's more the almighty box office receipts have spoken.

Yes! And on the grander scale of the movie business, the almighty box office has led to a huge merger between Disney and Fox.
The Alien/Predator franchises are just a pawn in the game of Disney buying Fox.

Disney has made a huge amount of money with Marvel. Fox owned Marvel properties; X-Men and Fantastic Four. Disney thinks these properties will add to their multibillion dollar Marvel empire. Disney is probably right.

* Where does that leave Alien? Disney wants to make $ billion box office movies. No new Alien film is going to make that much money. It's going to take years for Disney to get desperate enough to bet on a small budget, mediocre box office Alien movie. By that time I predict that the Alien franchise will get complete reboot.

PS. I enjoyed the prequels but imo the prequel saga is over.

;)

BigDaddyJohn

Seriously ? I think I had enough, thanks and bye Riddles !

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

If i'm to be honest, Ridley in most of his interviews doesn't make sense, he back peddles a lot and then contradicts himself.

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare Asylum

More Ridley back peddling, please.

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed  8)

Quote from: Guts on Mar 29, 2021, 01:32:51 AM
If i'm to be honest, Ridley in most of his interviews doesn't make sense, he pack peddles a lot and then contradicts himself.

I can't believe He's working so active at 83. This man is a living legend.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 29, 2021, 01:39:28 PM
Indeed  8)

If i'm to be honest, Ridley in most of his interviews doesn't make sense, he pack peddles a lot and then contradicts himself.

I can't believe He's working so active at 83. This man is a living legend.

Director Clint Eastwood has him beat! He just wrapped another film four weeks ago called 'Cry Macho' at the young age of 90!  :o

BigDaddyJohn

Very honorable mention also for the great George Miller, who will give us Furiosa in 2023. He will then be 78 !

Nightmare Asylum

Furiosa is probably neck and neck with Robert Eggers' The Northman as my most anticipated upcoming film at this point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That's how evolution works.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 29, 2021, 01:48:21 PM
Director Clint Eastwood has him beat! He just wrapped another film four weeks ago called 'Cry Macho' at the young age of 90!  :o

To be fair, his films are much smaller in scope. Ridley still does big scale productions.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2021, 04:21:52 PM

To be fair, his films are much smaller in scope. Ridley still does big scale productions.

Yes, but Eastwood directed 40% more movies (ballpark-ing the percentage). And it doesn't count all the movies and shows he just acted in. Plus he's 90! ;D

Voodoo Magic

But I'm not diminishing Ridley here. No way! Scott still doing what he's doing at 83 is most, most impressive. I can only hope when I hit that age I'll have the stamina that he has. Or Eastwood. Or even Betty White at 99 for that matter! We would all be so lucky!

But regarding a third Alien prequel, while I don't believe we'll see it realized theatrically or on television, if Ridley does have a coherent script completed, I would love for someone to adapt it into novel form at Titan one day. That would be my hope.

bb-15

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 29, 2021, 04:48:11 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2021, 04:21:52 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/72eb3548f59149140dd0fe8353651e88/tenor.gif

Yes, but Eastwood directed 40% more movies (ballpark-ing the percentage).

Eastwood is great. I loved him in his spaghetti westerns and several other of his classic films.

However, Ridley has more director credits (56) compared with Eastwood (43). (Source; IMDb)

;)

Huggs

Huggs

Somebody needs to be makin' some time to get a new Alien movie done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed