Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 553,474 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 12:34:54 AMWho died?
Maledoro, couple years ago. Broke my heart.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: choccy milk on Sep 30, 2022, 11:49:16 PMDepends on when you last logged in mate. Some people threw a crusade, others just grew tired, others literally died.

I'm still here. Old Omega always in town, unless I also die in unforeseen circumstances...

I stopped coming on around 2018-2019 when I started my family. Took up a lot of time and I just wasn't browsing my regular forums anymore. Seems like half the people were used to be on here are now gone, dormant, or only observing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: OpenMaw on Oct 01, 2022, 12:41:41 AMI stopped coming on around 2018-2019 when I started my family. Took up a lot of time and I just wasn't browsing my regular forums anymore. Seems like half the people were used to be on here are now gone, dormant, or only observing.
It happens. I've seen people come and go multiple times, or just grow tired and leave. I myself wasn't very active during the six years I wasted on university. Rest assured that a lot of the old guard is still around, just not on these forums, sadly.

I do feel you though. Sometimes I open up my old inbox with messages dating back to the early 2010s and there's a lot of people that were lost to time...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: choccy milk on Oct 01, 2022, 12:39:24 AM
f**k, I forgot about that!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Just a part of life, it's full of change.

I myself was part of said "crusade", then that site ceased to be and went for years without any forums which ended up being a good thing really as my personal growth took off, now I'm back on a much more casual basis because new Alien and Predator stuff (such as Prey) was a draw.

Much of the old and really strong emotional sentimentality I had for both forums is gone at this point which is also a good thing too (hear me out) in that it's a result of the life I've now built for myself. Back in the old days of the forum(s) I always stayed in the same 4 walls a lot more, suffered from depression and self-hatred, didn't have any real in-person friends, and was overly dependent on the validation of others on the internet and would get irate when my unrealistic expectations weren't met (shocker) and was also much more prone to imagined slights among other things.

Now I have much more social experience combined with my willingness to self-teach social and communication skills (as someone with autism), surround myself with real friends in-person that I've now known for years, and in general have really put myself out into the world moving on from the nostalgia and building a new future.

Mind you this change had started in 2015 with autism consulting so "the crusade" wasn't quite gone yet, but it was after being off of all forums that I really rocketed towards my later success and happiness.

That all said, it's nice to nerd out and maybe meme a bit with counterparts without the baggage.  :)

And I was here when I heard of Mal's passing, a tragedy.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Best post on it, being open to new stuff just makes you better overall, including evaluating your most tightly held to opinions.

For myself University means a lot for that, getting myself out into the world, being vulnerable.

Like most things in life it is what you make of it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 27, 2022, 08:58:22 PMI want a plastic-fantastic American Halloween like on the tee-vee, just once, to say I did.

Spoiler
Actually what I really want is all that skeleton themed plastic tat, but I'd leave it up year round.
[close]

https://twitter.com/lblestes/status/1575849224914100225

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Anyone got any book recommendations about dealing with gaslighting and/or dealing with parental favoritism?

Books is usually how I deal with such things these days.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 04, 2022, 03:51:15 AMAnyone got any book recommendations about dealing with gaslighting and/or dealing with parental favoritism?

Books is usually how I deal with such things these days.

The First Heretic by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. Although the character does not deal with it well.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 02, 2022, 05:13:16 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 27, 2022, 08:58:22 PMI want a plastic-fantastic American Halloween like on the tee-vee, just once, to say I did.

Spoiler
Actually what I really want is all that skeleton themed plastic tat, but I'd leave it up year round.
[close]

https://twitter.com/lblestes/status/1575849224914100225

Where is the dislike button?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Do you all sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I live alone now, so open.  Otherwise, closed.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 04, 2022, 09:19:28 PMDo you all sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? 

Closed, not just my preference but it keeps the cats out who have been banished for over a decade now.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 04, 2022, 09:19:28 PMDo you all sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? 

I live alone, so I guess it depends on my mood at the moment. Room temperature may or may not be key 👀

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 12:46:45 AM
Quote from: choccy milk on Oct 01, 2022, 12:39:24 AM
f**k, I forgot about that!
Do you remember Company Man from Alien Experience? He passed away about a year ago.

SiL

SiL

Oh come on :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed