Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 52,505 times)

bobby brown

I think the face concepts are great. Shows individuality among a species. Makes them more believable.

yaujta

awsum! I realy hope that 1 day they will bring a book out dedicated to the concept art for this film, it looks great, such a shame its not been shown off, id buy it in a heartbeat.

bobcunk

I actualy like differnt designs. It gets boring if they all look the same. I dont wa t a radicly different one though, just changes in colour, teeth and horns and stuff.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I am all for deviation, heck I even really like the Super Predator Bezerker!

I would guess, maybe it comes down to faith in the execution for me.  After AVP, AVPR & this Emissary in The Predator... the only faith I have in ADI is their ability to re-create the Stan Winston design(i.e. The Fugitive), nothing else.  :-\

yautjapet

I'm totally down for "species variation," I loved the different coloring, but a lot of those concept faces were really strange, almost like a different race entirely. I will say that some of the designs toward the beginning of the video with the cloaks and sashes were beautiful! It would have been fascinating to see an on-screen pred in something other than hunting gear.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: yautjapet on Dec 07, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
I'm totally down for "species variation," I loved the different coloring, but a lot of those concept faces were really strange, almost like a different race entirely. I will say that some of the designs toward the beginning of the video with the cloaks and sashes were beautiful! It would have been fascinating to see an on-screen pred in something other than hunting gear.

Do you mean these, because these are the few ones I liked too. They are thinner, have their dreads pulled back, but most importantly, facially still look like Yautja?  Yes, very interesting indeed!

PureKino

PureKino

The clothing designs are pretty good, definitly what I can imagine a civilian Pred would wear.

Good to see the ADI Predators still can't CLOSE THEIR f**kING MOUTHS.

Wysps

I sort of felt the same way on some of them.  If I recall correctly, they were toying with the idea of making the emissaries have a non-standard look, since their role was going to be somewhat different than the traditional Predator.  So in that respect, I liked the looks of some of the outfits in the drawings and the slender (maybe feminine?) features of several faces.  Not sure about the looks of the Preds they chose to "bring to life" though...  It could be just due to the purple skin tone that I'm unfamiliar with.

SiL

I dislike how streamlined they try to make the face and shrinking the mandibles down. What P2 nailed was having a design that was radically different, but felt absolutely at home with the first film. These kind'a don't.

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

I don't know why but I just really love some of that head-gear. I know it's not exact but I get a very tribal head-wear feeling from it.

Xenomrph

I'm totally down for "species variation," I loved the different coloring, but a lot of those concept faces were really strange, almost like a different race entirely.
Imagine this quote were spoken by an extraterrestrial, viewing images of a myriad selection of humans from around the world from different ethnicities.

bobcunk

It was better in this then the last 3. In predators he couldnt move his jaw at all. In the predator his mouth was closed fine after the assassin pulls his mask off, but I think it was cgi.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 07, 2018, 09:59:36 AM
I'm totally down for "species variation," I loved the different coloring, but a lot of those concept faces were really strange, almost like a different race entirely.
Imagine this quote were spoken by an extraterrestrial, viewing images of a myriad selection of humans from around the world from different ethnicities.

Maybe they wanted them to have different castes with different purposes and different physical  appereance and attributes. Like warriors, diplomats, priests, scientists etc.

Kinda like the Tau from Warhammer 40k have them :

skull-splitter

You do get that 80% of this planet can be labeled as ugly only to have 20% being pretty by perception?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed