Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 194,817 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 08:13:31 AM
It's USAToday, which is legit, but this quote has me baffled:

QuoteRe: Ridley Scott's Alien - "That movie was dark. That movie used a lot of rain," Colin says.

Is the interviewer not paying attention, or has Colin not really seen Alien at all?

The only 'rain' I recall was the water in the landing gear that dripped onto Brett.

???

Yeah, ridley used a lot of mist and atmosphere on the set giving things a look as if it just rained.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:11:56 AM
Before we jump on the bandwagon (shut up) ... maybe that's how it egg morphs?

This has to lead to egg-morphing...they were screaming, "[...] our movie will be canon" in that other interview...there is no way this thing just vomits an embryo into a persons mouth...I refuse to believe it...they are not that stupid...

SiL

SiL

I doubt the Alien did it by mouth-to-mouth regurgitation, but ... well, shit. Who knows. I very suddenly stopped giving a damn.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:16:46 AM
I doubt the Alien did it by mouth-to-mouth regurgitation, but ... well, shit. Who knows. I very suddenly stopped giving a damn.

So, it could be egg-morphing like in Alien?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Oct 26, 2007, 08:18:13 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:16:46 AM

So, it could be egg-morphing like in Alien?

It's plausible only because we never saw how it specifically happened...

Uncanny Antman

Let's put it this way...if this movie tries to indicate that egg-morphing was always done via regurgitation, I'll be more pissed, not less.

Egg morphing I can take or leave.
Some kind of ass-to-mouthery for new straight up new Aliens?  No thanks.

SM

SM

QuoteI doubt the Alien did it by mouth-to-mouth regurgitation

Depends if the host actually has to swallow it.  Brett may have had some difficulty what with being deceased and all.

The Chibi Kiriyama

It's not egg morphing. We can pray and b*tch and cry, and it won't change a thing. This is Fox's revenge for us laughing at their "PredAlien with a shoulder cannon" idea. :'(

SiL

SiL

If the directors wanted the film to be canon, they would've fought to make the PredAlien look even less like a Predator than it does. Sure, the producers wanted it to look like a Predator, but come the freak on. It's a Predator with a tail and a wonky head and a few bits of flesh missing.

Gates

Gates

This is really terrible... :-X

The Chibi Kiriyama

I seriously can't wait for the validation on the PredAlien, if we ever get one. I reckon we'll be getting much flowerly language ultimately summing up into "well, it seemed like a great idea at the time..."

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 08:18:41 AM
Let's put it this way...if this movie tries to indicate that egg-morphing was always done via regurgitation, I'll be more pissed, not less.

Egg morphing I can take or leave.
Some kind of ass-to-mouthery for new straight up new Aliens?  No thanks.

yeah, i mean nothing in the director's cut of alien, implied that the egg morphing process started via the alien puking down someone's throat. Now we know either way, that it still presents problems with accounting for the large number of aliens though.
 If its only the predalien reproducing this way, that means it has to be puking down countless hosts throats one by one.. come on now, this is dumb as f**k.

between some of the new pics and this info, my enthusiasm for this film has dropped significantly. I mean it'll still be better than the first avp, but not as much as many had hoped apparently.

Gates

Gates

The more I read that quote, the more I want to fu<king vomit... :-X

The Chibi Kiriyama

I think I can now officially say it...I hate Shane Salerno. >:(

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Oct 26, 2007, 08:19:32 AM
QuoteI doubt the Alien did it by mouth-to-mouth regurgitation

Depends if the host actually has to swallow it.  Brett may have had some difficulty what with being deceased and all.

lol. indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed