"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 17, 2022, 03:03:50 PM

Author
"I Know It's Sacrilege, But..." - Discussing News on Noah Hawley's Alien Series & Fede Alvarez's Alien Project - AvP Galaxy Podcast #141 (Read 9,087 times)

Xiggz456

Great podcast guys! Hicks touched on something that's been bugging me and that's people comparing streaming releases to direct-to-video releases. This is a completely unfair comparison and shows a disconnect from the current model of the entertainment industry. Specifically regarding Hulu, it seems that both Alien and Predator franchises are going to be Hulu's new tentpole properties for the foreseeable future.
Sort of akin to Star Wars and Disney+ and that's something to get excited over. However, as was also mentioned, I will be absolutely gutted if we don't get physical releases of the outings.

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

100% agree! I feel like it might  take another generation though for it to be accepted that streaming releases aren't a sign of lack of qualtiy or lack of belief from the studio!

judge death

HAd a look around and cant find star wars the mandalorian season 1 or 2 on DVD or bluray, so I guess I wont be able to see those.
But that concerns me: if disney decide this will be only on streaming on hulu: I wont be able to see the new series or the new alien movie, thanks disney....

judge death

Visited a friend here in my country(Sweden) who have disney+ and had a look at aliens and found out we can only watch the theatrical cut, there was no directors cut which my friend wanted to see. Thankfully we could find it by finding it for renting online by google, but its kinda bad if disney+ themself controls which version we can see this much, bad sign for the future when physical movies dies out and all we have are streams.

Cancerblack: that is the way to go I fear for those of us who actually want to own a movie we pay for and can watch when we want to and save it for the future, especielly as they dont offer us who want to pay for a physical movie any option.

BlueMarsalis79

Bojo

Alien films shouldn't be directed by horror movie directors. Expect cheap gore, cheap jump-scares, average performances and a dumb plot.

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps we should archive the Alien 5 section and create a new subsection for this film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed