20th Century Studios President, Steve Asbell, Talks Prey Time Setting

Started by Whos_Nick, Mar 04, 2022, 01:10:38 AM

Author
20th Century Studios President, Steve Asbell, Talks Prey Time Setting (Read 16,325 times)

Clubroot

Wow seems like those reddit posts from back then were right about this

SuperiorIronman

I'd be fine with them doing Greyback. If it is him he'd be younger meaning we have good reason why he looks different and it's not like Predators would wear the same outfit for centuries. We could easily write off cosmetic differences this time. I'm sure we will bitch about the face, but we're gonna do that anyways even if KNB was back.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'd love KNB back. Their worst day is leaps  better than ADI's worst day (imo).

Quote from: Clubroot on Mar 04, 2022, 07:58:06 PM
Wow seems like those reddit posts from back then were right about this

Indeed!

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Mar 04, 2022, 06:40:54 PM
Woh, I really hope this has nothing to do with the Greyback. ADI doesn't deserve to even look at his magnificence.

I get the fear. It would be very hard to accept a no-neck, big headed, mandible in all directions Grayback. My only hope is, with Trachtenberg's guidance, ADI nails it this time (or Steve Wangs' production house is in charge of the head, soup to nuts).

Doomofman

This would be the first movie confirmation, I guess you'd call it, of how long predators live, right?

Obviously P2 and the pistol hinted at it but I suppose it could be argued that the pistol might have been an heirloom type thing rather than something Greyback acquired himself

BlueMarsalis79

Please for the love of God can the Predator look good this time round.

426Buddy

Yautja888

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 05, 2022, 04:56:16 PM

With Greyback we have a chance, but given his magnificence during the legendary
Predator 2 ending, it's gonna be the biggest challenge ADI ever had.

Kradan

Voodoo is gonna be soooo pissed, I can practically feel his rage  :D

Voodoo Magic

Hey, I'm a positive thinker! I'm a hoper of hope for a miracle of miracles! (But if they screw the pooch with the legendary Grayback...woo boy... it won't just be me!)

goose_3387

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 05, 2022, 04:56:16 PM

If Grayback is in the film then there's absolutely no way they can match how amazing he looked in P2.

Kailem

Well I'd imagine since it's set over 250 years earlier than Predator 2 he'll be a little less grey in this. So mostly just back.

Kradan

SiL

It being Greyback can really only work as an Easter egg. It would be super shitty fanservice to have the character look exactly the same, just less grey.

Mr.Turok

I wonder how Raphael would fit into this, seeing that the comic is 4 years earlier than the film's setting? Maybe its heard over conversations with the European characters, noting how there were pirates and sailors were showing up as skinned bodies hanging from trees or heads with their spines missing, including the disappearance of one of the most notorious pirates around. That would be a cool moment, where both European and Native sides share their stories about the invisible demon that hunted the Americas. Adds to the whole supernatural atmosphere that is a welcoming and needed feeling for the film.

Stitch

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 08, 2022, 12:26:15 AM
I wonder how Raphael would fit into this, seeing that the comic is 4 years earlier than the film's setting? Maybe its heard over conversations with the European characters, noting how there were pirates and sailors were showing up as skinned bodies hanging from trees or heads with their spines missing, including the disappearance of one of the most notorious pirates around. That would be a cool moment, where both European and Native sides share their stories about the invisible demon that hunted the Americas. Adds to the whole supernatural atmosphere that is a welcoming and needed feeling for the film.
I'm really not expecting the comic to have any bearing on the movie at all

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed