Questions for Cold Iron

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2021, 01:35:44 PM

Author
Questions for Cold Iron (Read 4,196 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We've been given the opportunity to do a text based Q&A with Cold Iron. As always, just wanted to open it up to the floor for members of the AvP Galaxy community to post any questions they might have and any we have missed and think could elicit some interesting answers from, we'll include in our questions. Let's see them!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

It just seems to me that many ask questions you know we are never going to get asnwers to like 'will there be x in the future', etc. So how about I ask about their development?
How many persons worked on the alien/FT/environment models and what kind of workflow do they have for that? Was there conceptual art made (apart from what we've already seen of the Enveavor crew) and can we see some more?
How was animation done? Motion capture or frame by frame?
We've heard a lot of soundtracks and sound effects but not so much about their visual creative development and artists at work.
I think they should also cover that in a video one day, so my question is ...."can we get a video on that, please!".

SiL

SiL

There are lots of stories of games and literature being restricted to certain film licenses within a franchise - someone being told you can only mention things in Aliens, not the other movies, for example. Was there any challenge to being able to use material from Covenant through to Alien 3? Does the Engineer stuff done from Covenant or were you able to use Prometheus material? Or was it just open slather?

windebieste

windebieste

The game uses Unreal Engine 4, so how about releasing an SDK so fans can get creative and we make our own content?

-Windebieste.

axor993

axor993

Will we get to see a mode where you can play as aliens? Since the game is similar to L4D, I am sure it could be super fun to operate as aliens, as you could play as a zombie in l4d. Also, have you thought about slightly more complex maps where you have, let's say a complex similar to Hadley's Hope, and multiple ways of reaching an objective. So, say hacking a few doors, climbing through vents, etc. Thanks.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Xenomorph of  planet 4, will we see this one?
Engineers, will we see them?
mouth/back bursters....when?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Will there be any bosses in future updates?l
Will be able to fight a Queen?
Is gonna be more special variance of xenomorph?
Are we gonna see more mutants in future updates?
If so are we going to see more variance of the mutant?
Is there going to be a model viewer someday?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Are there any plans on allowing us to get into the Combat Information Center for anything purposeful?
The bay doors on Endeaver will be there be anything in there to discover? When?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I have no serious questions that they'll answer, so...

Can you give the welder on the Endeavor some goggles? And can you give the guard outside the Combat Information Center some ammo?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Where is my Alien Queen Boss Fight?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

We got one. It's scripted. No you can't claim a trophy for your predator wall. This is Aliens. The Queen always wins....or at least it survives in outer space.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 25, 2021, 10:50:07 PM

Not needed. We had plenty from the old games.  :laugh:

I think I asked this before but any chance there would be a mode where you can play as the Alien? Ideally the drone/warrior.
And will be more lore added to the game and bestiaries so that we can read up on fauna/flora.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I would love to see this game rehash something people came up with in the 90s. Then they could redesign AFTE from the ground up and rename it too! I also want mod tools! So we can proliferate low poly models and texture painting skills because all of us are so good at it.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 27, 2021, 08:00:10 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 25, 2021, 10:50:07 PM

Not needed. We had plenty from the old games.  :laugh:

I think I asked this before but any chance there would be a mode where you can play as the Alien? Ideally the drone/warrior.
And will be more lore added to the game and bestiaries so that we can read up on fauna/flora.

Hemi

Hemi

Most of these questions will all get the same answer I'm afraid. :-/

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah probably but its always good to hear what the devs have to say and what they plan to do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed