The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 54,103 times)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Well ... you guys are in for a treat  ;D

It's nowhere near Predator (honestly, what can top that one) .. but it's a MUCH better than Predator 2 and Predators. Some great humor, some really gory bits and some suprises spread out in the movie that will certainly catch the attention of those who are "invested" in this franchise.

My rating? 8/10

Unfortunatly, I have to wait till everyone else untill this thing hits cinema's again. Strange thing is ... I apparently saw an "assembly" cut of the movie. Studio's are screening the movies to critics and they will pick out the version which gets the most praise. Effects, music etc. was all done btw ...

EDIT
I'd love to answer the questions fired at me in this topic ... but I CAN NOT (and will not) go into detail regarding this movie. You can ask me anything you'd like after september 8th due to my NDA.


Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear it! They must be making that decision quite fast. The film premieres in 2 days!

SyntaX

To be fair, there have been screenings from critics a week before mine ... so that gives them about 2 weeks to decide what version they'll take. From what I could tell, they talked about 2 versions... I really don't mind though ... but it does make me wonder what "other" version is out there.

Tetsujin

SyntaX   :o  THX!



Predator - ?/10

Predator 2 - ?/10

Predators - ?/10

The Predator - 8/10

AvP - ?/10

AvP:R - ?/10



Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 08:10:45 AM
To be fair, there have been screenings from critics a week before mine ... so that gives them about 2 weeks to decide what version they'll take. From what I could tell, they talked about 2 versions... I really don't mind though ... but it does make me wonder what "other" version is out there.

Yeah, I'd be really curious to hear about this myself. You'll have to let us know if the released version differs from the one you saw.

SyntaX

SyntaX

#5
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2018, 08:27:55 AM

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 08:10:45 AM
To be fair, there have been screenings from critics a week before mine ... so that gives them about 2 weeks to decide what version they'll take. From what I could tell, they talked about 2 versions... I really don't mind though ... but it does make me wonder what "other" version is out there.

Yeah, I'd be really curious to hear about this myself. You'll have to let us know if the released version differs from the one you saw.

The news about "2 versions" caught me by suprise. I don't think the "final" version is going to differ that much though .. film had a good pace, some good humor and the action was great. I can't really talk about specifics though ... can talk about the movie more on september 8th.

Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 04, 2018, 08:24:31 AM
SyntaX   :o  THX!

Predator - ?/10
Predator 2 - ?/10
Predators - ?/10
The Predator - 8/10
AvP - ?/10
AvP:R - ?/10

Predator = 10/10
Predator 2 = 6/10
Predators = 6/10
Predator = 8/10
AvP = 2/10
AvP:R = 1/10

I hate the AvP movies.

Tetsujin

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 08:56:55 AMcan talk about the movie more on september 8th.

embargo dropped september 8t ?



Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 08:56:55 AM

Predator = 10/10
Predator 2 = 6/10
Predators = 6/10
Predator = 8/10
AvP = 2/10
AvP:R = 1/10

I hate the AvP movies.

THX THX THX !  8)

Firestorm

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM
Well ... you guys are in for a treat  ;D

It's nowhere near Predator (honestly, what can top that one) .. but it's a MUCH better than Predator 2 and Predators. Some great humor, some really gory bits and some suprises spread out in the movie that will certainly catch the attention of those who are "invested" in this franchise.

My rating? 8/10

Unfortunatly, I have to wait till everyone else untill this thing hits cinema's again. Strange thing is ... I apparently saw an "assembly" cut of the movie. Studio's are screening the movies to critics and they will pick out the version which gets the most praise. Effects, music etc. was all done btw ...

This sounds promising, understand you can't go into detail but tone wise is it really comedic or does it still have a serious edge with well placed humour like the first one?

Great news all the same that you enjoyed it :D

SyntaX

Quote from: Firestorm on Sep 04, 2018, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM
Well ... you guys are in for a treat  ;D

It's nowhere near Predator (honestly, what can top that one) .. but it's a MUCH better than Predator 2 and Predators. Some great humor, some really gory bits and some suprises spread out in the movie that will certainly catch the attention of those who are "invested" in this franchise.

My rating? 8/10

Unfortunatly, I have to wait till everyone else untill this thing hits cinema's again. Strange thing is ... I apparently saw an "assembly" cut of the movie. Studio's are screening the movies to critics and they will pick out the version which gets the most praise. Effects, music etc. was all done btw ...

This sounds promising, understand you can't go into detail but tone wise is it really comedic or does it still have a serious edge with well placed humour like the first one?

Great news all the same that you enjoyed it :D

The comedy works during the movie.
The action is great (and pretty brutal if you ask me).

Can't recall having such a graphic scene in a Predator movie ... I mea ... o. Sorry  :D ;)

It isn't quite a story-driven movie ... It's an action movie. Sort of like Predator. They are en-route to somewhere and happen to be in the wrong place.

Firestorm

Sounds great, thanks!

Tetsujin

Just thinking.

They can not choose the version of the film 6 days before the premiere of the festival and 10 days before the first mass premiere, and even on display to critics. I'm not talking about the time to print copies of the translation and dubbing for each country. The film was evaluated (R) a few weeks ago, which means that the final version was approved.


Sorry for my English.  :(

SyntaX

SyntaX

#11
Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 04, 2018, 09:26:10 AM
Just thinking.

They can not choose the version of the film 6 days before the premiere of the festival and 10 days before the first mass premiere, and even on display to critics. I'm not talking about the time to print copies of the translation and dubbing for each country. The film was evaluated (R) a few weeks ago, which means that the final version was approved.


Sorry for my English.  :(

I understand.
But keep in mind that there have been advanced screenings for critics only.
I'm not part of the press ... I'm just someone who knows a "guy" and got invited in.

Apparently, there have been screenings 2 weeks before mine happened.

Wweyland

Great to hear about the first good reaction. Maybe we will get the best-reviewed movie since...since forever?

Corporal Hicks

I split the posts off from the countdown thread into an early reactions thread, ready for all the tweets later this week.

Russ840

So looking forward to the. Got my tickets for next Thursday

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed