The Predator Countdown Thread!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Author
The Predator Countdown Thread! (Read 38,749 times)

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 31, 2018, 07:12:37 PM
It took godzilla 2014 to get me back to the theater. Before that the last movie I had seen in theaters was either Aladdin or The Lion King .

Godzilla 2014 was a great experience. Everybody was on good behavior. The next movie I saw in theaters after that was Jurassic World, but it was full of yelling children and generally annoying people playing with their phones. The audio was way too loud, the projector had a pixel out, the room was dirty, and the power went out halfway through the picture.

Needless to say I prefer waiting for Blu-ray release now. Like I've said before, no seat beats my own. I've got climate control, my choice of food at cost, and I can hit the bathroom without missing the movie. Oh and the best part, repeat viewings are free.

The only movie that will get me back to the theater will be the next Godzilla. I look forward to watching the Meg and the predator on Blu-ray this winter.
Godzilla was shit IMO. But having people not as invested in the film can be a pain the butt indeed.

Dingbat

Dingbat

I saw a bus while on holiday that had The predator ads on it, it made me very happy.

When I watched Alien Covenant, a load of guys who were all really loud came in and I thought they would talk throughout but as soon as it started, not a word was spoken, it was great and I hope for the same conditions with this one.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Sep 01, 2018, 03:34:16 PM
And if you're still skeptical UK cinema is also plagued with rude people, here's 67 examples of bad behavior in British cinema....
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/british-cinema-behaviour-survey/38420/british-cinema-behaviour-67-examples-of-bad-experiences

Didn't intend for you to take that so personally, Bio. My apologies. Perhaps the point here is people everywhere suck but go tell your cinema staff. It's their jobs to make the cinema going experience one people want to come back to and stop people behaving like that.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2018, 07:17:08 PM
Didn't intend for you to take that so personally, Bio. My apologies. Perhaps the point here is people everywhere suck but go tell your cinema staff. It's their jobs to make the cinema going experience one people want to come back to and stop people behaving like that.

No apology necessary, nothing personal taken. I didn't think you were trying to be negative towards Americans. I just wanted to clarify it was not a nation specific issue.  Now that said.....I would risk a $10 bet that us Yankees are near the top of the list of most rude theater audience....  :laugh:

Quote from: Dingbat on Sep 01, 2018, 05:05:38 PM
I saw a bus while on holiday that had The predator ads on it, it made me very happy.

Same here, seeing ads not necessarily at movie specific venues. I haven't researched it, but it appears they are investing some sizable coin in advertisement.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Would love to read the novelization immediately after watching the movie but probably have to wait about a week for it to arrive from Amazon. Almost done with the prequel novel.

VanXant

VanXant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2018, 07:17:08 PM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Sep 01, 2018, 03:34:16 PM
And if you're still skeptical UK cinema is also plagued with rude people, here's 67 examples of bad behavior in British cinema....
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/british-cinema-behaviour-survey/38420/british-cinema-behaviour-67-examples-of-bad-experiences

yeah, but even when you've gone to get the staff etc, the film's already ruined. one of the many reasons why i stopped going to the cinema

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: VanXant on Sep 03, 2018, 05:41:36 PM
yeah, but even when you've gone to get the staff etc, the film's already ruined. one of the many reasons why i stopped going to the cinema

If the staff are even helpful. The only theater in my area is 30 miles away and only ever has like 2 or 3 employees in it, including the manager. One working the concessions, one selling tickets, and one to team up with either of the other 2 to clean the rooms after a showing. The last time I was in there, they were all just kids who were too busy picking their noses or talking about their relationships to seem authoritative or intimidating. When it comes to informing a 6' 3 and 270lb man to stop playing with his phone, I wouldn't count on them for squat.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Seeing an early screening in 2 days in IMAX.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Awesome. I have to wait until the weekend.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Anyone seeing this in 3D? The IMAX screening is in 2D and I think I prefer that.

Firestorm

Firestorm

I wanted IMAX 2d, but the Cineworld IMAX here listed 3d only :|

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 10, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
Anyone seeing this in 3D? The IMAX screening is in 2D and I think I prefer that.

I'm seeing it in IMAX 3D on Wednesday. Only IMAX option available.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 10, 2018, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 10, 2018, 04:28:33 PM

I'm seeing it in IMAX 3D on Wednesday. Only IMAX option available.

Same, on Thursday. I love me IMAX. I can't miss these films on that format when they come out now.

Johnny Handsome

Seeing it tomorrow 8pm (german time), man i'm pumped and ready. Haven't watched the last trailer and only saw one tv spot, it's been tough but i made it mostly spoiler free.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed