May 10th Preview Screening

Started by RidgeTop, May 05, 2018, 09:27:58 PM

Author
May 10th Preview Screening (Read 20,063 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

If it's legit, then good news regarding the third act ! For the humor i'm not sure what to think yet, except that too much of it could bother me in a way even though i'm a fan of Black's humor... We'll see...

MudButt

MudButt

If the reactions are true it would appear they've improved the film. They still have time to edit down the humour if need be. Still some good news though.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 23, 2018, 07:17:45 PM
Source said the 3rd act reshoots helped a bunch and fixed what was wrong in the original cut screened last November

Alright! Now if they can just redo the first 2 acts, we'll be getting somewhere.  :D

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2018, 09:25:57 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 23, 2018, 07:17:45 PM
Source said the 3rd act reshoots helped a bunch and fixed what was wrong in the original cut screened last November

Alright! Now if they can just redo the first 2 acts, we'll be getting somewhere.  :D

::)

Glad to hear those reshoots made a difference. Guess we'll have to see if there will be more editing or not.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

HI Everyone :)

Someone may ask the source how the timing of the film.

I want the film to be over two hours (2:10-20)  ::)

Sorry, my English is not so good  ;)

Xan21

Xan21

Probably 89 minutes ;-p

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm surprised nobody ever reports about the global quality of the movie or the actors... I know they're supposed to be on a NDA, but just overall impressions about that (and the level of gore too  ;D) would be appreciated.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xan21 on May 24, 2018, 10:01:11 AM
Probably 89 minutes ;-p
I know this was probably meant to be funny, but seriously, i rather have a 89 minute, well paced rollercoaster ride, than some of the 2 1/2 hour 'splosion shitfests i had to go through in the past couple of years.

Some of the movies are just getting too f**king long to sit through.

MU-TH-UR 6000

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 24, 2018, 01:35:43 PM
Probably 89 minutes ;-p
I know this was probably meant to be funny, but seriously, i rather have a 89 minute, well paced rollercoaster ride, than some of the 2 1/2 hour 'splosion shitfests i had to go through in the past couple of years.

Some of the movies are just getting too f**king long to sit through.

I think it's pretty safe to assume it's around the 2h mark, given Black's previous movies, the way they're edited and the amounth of plot points the movies has to juggle.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 24, 2018, 04:23:11 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/947913-comingsoon-visits-shane-blacks-the-predator?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=comingsoon-visits-shane-blacks-the-predator

New article, havent read it yet.

Lots of excerpts from previous articles, with a few new (from what I can tell) content peppered in.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2018, 08:16:18 PM
If it's legit, then good news regarding the third act ! For the humor i'm not sure what to think yet, except that too much of it could bother me in a way even though i'm a fan of Black's humor... We'll see...

Hopefully, if the reactions are coming from invested fans and not casuals  ;D If that's the case and the main issue is still humor, then I'd consider that reassuring.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Probably 89 minutes ;-p

Yeah!

89 minutes - act I and act II

41 minutes - act III

Total -  130m.

;)

Highland

Highland

If the third act is good , it'll elevate the film imo. I'd rather that act was well paced than the others , it makes such a difference to the quality of the film.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Humor or no humor, we should be thankful that we are getting another Predator film at all.  But if you think about it, the only good parts in the original Predator were when it was the Predator vs Arnold by himself and that only happened in the third act.

SiL

SiL

I'd say the only good part in Predator was the one between the opening and closing credits.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed