The Predator To Be Released In 3D

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 22, 2018, 08:46:37 AM

Author
The Predator To Be Released In 3D (Read 14,698 times)

skull-splitter

while there are some exceptions, 3D is anoying as f**k and I try to avoid it when possible. Thanks to it being an upcharge from 9-10 to 14-15, local cinema chains hardly offer 2D unless they have enough screens.

Hollywood

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 20, 2018, 06:34:03 PM
while there are some exceptions, 3D is anoying as f**k and I try to avoid it when possible. Thanks to it being an upcharge from 9-10 to 14-15, local cinema chains hardly offer 2D unless they have enough screens.

Damn that's annoying. My local theaters always have 2D showings going along with the 3D showings but they're big theaters. You'd think other theaters would realize 3D tickets may cost more but they also drive away a portion of business.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 20, 2018, 06:58:40 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 20, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

Damn that's annoying. My local theaters always have 2D showings going along with the 3D showings but they're big theaters. You'd think other theaters would realize 3D tickets may cost more but they also drive away a portion of business.
Not here in the Netherlands. One cinema has about 10 screens, if you'd find a 2D screening there it will be at an impossible time. If you want it in Imax, you bet your ass you'll only get 3D.

yautjapet

Even if I might want to see a particular movie in IMAX, if it's only available in IMAX 3D, I'll settle for regular showings instead. Nine out of ten times, 3D is distracting and headache-inducing for me, so I gave up on those.

Original Predator

It's a "gimmick" to make extra money. 

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 30, 2018, 10:34:57 PM

Knowing that the film wasn't meant initially to be in 3d, i agree

skull-splitter

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 30, 2018, 10:34:57 PM
Always. Few films are actually filmed in 3D, so avatar and animated films tend to work best. I recall a 2D image slowly gaining depth and fading to a shaded 3D model in A Christmas Carol years ago and it was some of the best usage I've seen of the technique. Otherwise it is just a distraction with little to no added value.

Original Predator

Here's how 3D works:

19 year old brother- "Me and my buds are going to see The Predator...you in?"
14 year old brother (playing Fortnite)- "Nah, No clue what that even is, sounds like a nature show about a shark or something...."
19 year old brother- "It's about some creature alien thing that kills people, looks pretty cool and it's in 3D sooooaaaa...."
14 year old brother- "3D? Fine I'm in...."

Extra ticket or two sold. Every little bit helps

skull-splitter

No younger brother can convince me that 3D is better.

ace3g

ace3g

On Fred Dekker's FB page he posted the "Ultimate Predator" tv spot and responded to a comment about 3D release:

QuoteI was looking forward to the 3D version, too -- but we may have done too much 11th hour tinkering to make it possible.

https://www.facebook.com/DirectorFredDekker/posts/1347881915343123?comment_id=1347904922007489&reply_comment_id=1348048625326452&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R8%22%7D

Danversity

So, no 3D release?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Original Predator on May 01, 2018, 03:53:03 PM
Here's how 3D works:

19 year old brother- "Me and my buds are going to see The Predator...you in?"
14 year old brother (playing Fortnite)- "Nah, No clue what that even is, sounds like a nature show about a shark or something...."
19 year old brother- "It's about some creature alien thing that kills people, looks pretty cool and it's in 3D sooooaaaa...."
14 year old brother- "3D? Fine I'm in...."

Extra ticket or two sold. Every little bit helps

I'd leave little brother to his games and go see the predator with others who love it or just enjoy it myself. If the movie is any good, it will float, not sink. Don't make what should be a special experience for yourself (as a fan) into a desperate attempt to make more money for studio execs.

Besides, the theatrical run isn't the only financial gauge. A movie can do merely decent numbers in theaters but do huge business on home release.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 19, 2018, 08:53:52 PM
On Fred Dekker's FB page he posted the "Ultimate Predator" tv spot and responded to a comment about 3D release:

QuoteI was looking forward to the 3D version, too -- but we may have done too much 11th hour tinkering to make it possible.

https://www.facebook.com/DirectorFredDekker/posts/1347881915343123?comment_id=1347904922007489&reply_comment_id=1348048625326452&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R8%22%7D

Shame they'll miss out on the 3D revenue. As long as it still gets an IMAX release, though.

skull-splitter

Yay, no 3D!

YTL_Hunter_H2

I was looking forward to that 3d. Oh well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed