Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 47,146 times)

RakaiThwei

Are we certain that this is the shooting script or this is a draft that was handed in?

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Black & Dekker co wrote a good screenpay together, The Monster Squad, but Predator is serious business and belongs to a different genre.

As long as they keep the old fashioned design, free cgi costumes, and avoid silly  human/pred team up, super black Ipod predators, and female predators too, we have a tiny chance to get something decent.No miscast too, like Topher Grace or Brody.
In short, do not use the comic books stuffs and focus on what was in Predator and Predator 2.
Beirut , Iwo Jima, Cambodia...(And in the script Negev Desert and Central America.)

RakaiThwei

^

I can agree with that!

THE CITY HUNTER

Great progress is going good.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 30, 2015, 05:05:22 PM
Are we certain that this is the shooting script or this is a draft that was handed in?

I imagine its just the first draft.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
I imagine its just the first draft.

That's what I figured!

Thedeuce

Thedeuce

Would like to see predator explore his emotional side more. Perhaps fall in love and explore the perils of an automatic laser during critcal moments of love making. How he has to wear the mask and he just wants to be accepted for who he is on the inside not the monster people see him as. Or predator vision, invisible cloaking and brutal killings.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Interestingly Shane Black, and Stan Winston creature effects team who were involved in the original Predator also worked on Monster Squad, Fred Dekker was also a co-writer. I read a passage in Stan Winston's book that the effects team were more optimistic of Monster Squad than they were with Predator and didn't hold Predator in high regard, ironically Predator would become more popular with Monster squad only gaining a cult status. Hope this is a project they're genuinely enthusiastic about. In a video interview with Shane Black on Ironman 3 he's asked whetehr5 or not he'd accept an offer from Fox to do another Predator film.

I'll leave the link here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-VwVAuDLOA 4:45

He essentially says "You don't need to do another Predator movie, You said everything you needed to with the first movie. It all really depends on whether its a story worth telling." I'm wondering if Fox will attempt to reclaim creative control, demand rewrites. I hope that doesn't happen seeing as that's what happened to this years atrocious Fantastic Four Reboot from Fox.

It'd be great once the script is approve they start filming in 2016, head into post production and deliver the film for a 2017 release, coinciding with the Original Predator films 30th Anniversary.

Though a 2017 release would also mean coming out in the same year as Alien Covenant, with the exception of the AV films this will be the first time an Alien and Predator film will have been released in the same year.

RakaiThwei

I can't help but wonder what is Shane's opinion on the other sequels are. I mean from the sounds of other interviews, it seems like he doesn't think very highly of them considering the fact that he has addressed audience opinions as being quite either lukewarm or disappointing.

overthere

2017. would be ideal, but 2 movies in the same year is doubtful. 2018 is too far away guys, who can wait that long. 3 years since the draft was turned in? That's too much. I wouldn't be too surprised if they manage to squeeze it for late 2016. That would be great in terms of waiting time, but the quality of the movie could suffer.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 30, 2015, 06:29:04 PM
I can't help but wonder what is Shane's opinion on the other sequels are. I mean from the sounds of other interviews, it seems like he doesn't think very highly of them considering the fact that he has addressed audience opinions as being quite either lukewarm or disappointing.

Let's hope he doesn't share the same hatred Rodriguez had for Predator2.
I'm still worried by the word "reinventing".If it ain't broke don't fix it, I prefer.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Nov 30, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

I never understood exactly.. why Rodriguez hated Predator 2. But you know what, that doesn't matter... because he had intended his movie to be the "true" sequel to the original movie. And well... he couldn't really live up to that either as far as I could tell.

Shane on the other hand... Mmmm... I want to say he could do a much better job but I am not so sure because we know nothing yet. I just hope he actually ignores PREDATORS and decides to do his own thing without setting the movie on the Predator homeworld, or game preserve planets.

marcel

marcel

Al I can say is that I am so looking forward to it. It can go  so many ways after predators and even after predator 1 and 2 there is loads of options. I am hoping that it would be big. I cant wait.With all the new tech the special effects can be so big  ;)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 30, 2015, 07:32:41 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Nov 30, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

I never understood exactly.. why Rodriguez hated Predator 2. But you know what, that doesn't matter... because he had intended his movie to be the "true" sequel to the original movie. And well... he couldn't really live up to that either as far as I could tell.

Shane on the other hand... Mmmm... I want to say he could do a much better job but I am not so sure because we know nothing yet. I just hope he actually ignores PREDATORS and decides to do his own thing without setting the movie on the Predator homeworld, or game preserve planets.

He never explained why he hated it, I guess he  was aware that most people and also a large part fans hate it or feel shame for liking it.Maybe he genuinely hates it tho, the guy has usually bad taste.
Black should ignore Predators, given how lame it was, in my humble personal opinion.

The Alien Predator

I am so excited for this news. I need a new film to satisfy my Predator addiction!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed