John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise

Started by ace3g, Aug 14, 2015, 02:05:12 AM

Author
John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise (Read 37,374 times)

ace3g

http://collider.com/predator-sequel-shane-black-movie-will-reinvent-the-franchise/

Shane Black's 'Predator' Sequel Will "Reinvent the Franchise", Says Producer John Davis

RakaiThwei

Corporal Hicks

Excellent. I hope this extends to no overt homages whilst I didn't think they were as bad or frequent as often claimed in Predators, it was still annoying. I'd be really interested in a fresh take on the series.

HuDaFuK

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for this.

Sheafer11

Maybe the movie will be from the perspective of the Predator?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sheafer11 on Aug 14, 2015, 10:33:09 AM

I don't think you'd ever get anything like that in a main stream film. That's said I'd love to see it an animated short or something like that.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2015, 11:18:33 AM

I don't think you'd ever get anything like that in a main stream film. That's said I'd love to see it an animated short or something like that.

That would be perfect, Hicks. An animated short is something that could work for a Predator POV. Make it as violent as the Turok Son of Stone cartoon.

I am excited for this new movie.

Xenomorphine

Less is more.

Also, a film shot entirely in thermal imaging wouldn't be the best viewing experience... Even a lot of the action scenes we've seen shots of from that perspective were very unclear.

Bat Chain Puller

Present day, ultra gritty/realistic, war torn Middle East setting.

I'd love for it to go to unexpected places that we haven't seen in the films. I don't want it to be a glossy update of the ol' group of bad ass soldiers getting widdled down to just one. I think I'd rather see a war with these things at this point. Tactical urban warfare with a Predators.

I've day dreamed the "Predator Home World" plot a million times over and have mused about them for years on these boards. Space Arena battles, Predator culture, women/children, other species of aliens and their roles. I don't think we'll be seeing any of that.

I think if they manage to class it up a bit and make it really scary and intriguing again I'd be happy.

Doggo33

"reinvent the franchise"
- Great, so we can expect a 'Prometheus' of the 'Predator' franchise. Reinventing classic flms, that's always a good idea. -_-

Eldritch_DM

This doesn't bode well....

Ratchetcomand

I don't want a jungle setting again. We already did that with Predators and that movie is still recent.

robbritton

£20 says the Predator will be revealed to be an out of work, drug addicted English theatre luvvie at the start of the third reel.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 14, 2015, 03:54:21 PM
Present day, ultra gritty/realistic, war torn Middle East setting.

I'd love for it to go to unexpected places that we haven't seen in the films. I don't want it to be a glossy update of the ol' group of bad ass soldiers getting widdled down to just one. I think I'd rather see a war with these things at this point. Tactical urban warfare with a Predators.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Something familiar but refreshing.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller
I've day dreamed the "Predator Home World" plot a million times over and have mused about them for years on these boards. Space Arena battles, Predator culture, women/children, other species of aliens and their roles. I don't think we'll be seeing any of that.

Why do people want THIS? I really don't want that for a Predator movie and this just screams bad idea to me. PREDATORS was almost this concept but thank God it wasn't. I don't want a film like this. If you ask me that would kill the franchise if it's not dead already.

xeno_alpha_07

I don't trust anything John Davis say's.  However, I am curious as to what Shane comes up with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed