Whyte, Jones, Steele and Mears or Hall for Shane's Movie?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jan 02, 2015, 07:18:13 AM

Author
Whyte, Jones, Steele and Mears or Hall for Shane's Movie? (Read 4,616 times)

viendammage

Quote from: Liberator on Feb 18, 2015, 06:49:18 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 02, 2015, 07:44:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 02, 2015, 12:26:37 PM
The Predator was never a martial artist, even when portrayed by Van Damme. He was always a hunter.

Wasn't the "Red Lobster" outfit which Van Damme wore difficult to move around in? I mean aside from the thing looking very silly, I can't imagine Van Damme doing high level kicks and splits in that outfit. Good God.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 02, 2015, 03:01:40 PM
Whyte. Got the bodily motion vocabulary exquisitely.

If Van Damme's predator wasn't supposed to do martial arts, I doubt either he would have been tapped for the role or that he would have quit because it was too hard to move in.  If all he had to do was wobble around, and look scary, I don't think it would have been a big problem.  I am very surprised he left the movie.  I would like to see him recast as the team leader in the next movie, with Dutch playing the commanding officer.

At that time JCVD was hired as a glorified stunt man and was upset his face would be covered. Then the suit didn't fit him, the creature was supposed to walk being supported by cables and he was claustrophobic in the helmet. He refused to do a jump in the awkward suit, the guy who did broke his legs! Then Van Damme got fired for breaking the helmet and they brought in Winston etc. But not before telling Cannon Films' Menahem Golan he was the villain the new Arnold movie which helped him get the lead in Bloodsport.

Would have loved to have seen Van Damme as the villain against Arnold in Rodriguez's 90's script even if reading it was kinda lackluster...

Whiskeybrewer

Ian Whyte and Jaime Hall i'd have as my two choices

happypred

Ian Whyte in AvP-R is just as good as KPH in Predator

The other guys are thoroughly unimpressive

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed