Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 137,803 times)

Liberator

The predator needs to hunt somewhere very, very hot.  One of the worst things about AVP is that it's set in Antarctica, where it's freezing cold.

Master

It fits there right of passage idea though.

About Predators dead american soldier was on his way to Afghanistan so it's confirmed it was set in 2010.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Aug 23, 2014, 08:26:17 AM
About Predators dead american soldier was on his way to Afghanistan so it's confirmed it was set in 2010.

I don't remember that mentioned in the movie. Where was this mentioned?

Master

When they triggered dead men's trap.

Milan

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 22, 2014, 05:36:54 AM
Quote from: Milan on Aug 19, 2014, 11:17:41 PM
Maybe a boat would be a new and fresh setting, it may start on the boat but end at a underwater facility, the element of water could be used as something to mess with the Predators cloaking ability, forceing the hunter to use other things to remain stealthy.

Like.. Predator meets Leviathan, right?

Yes but I was thinking about movies like Deep blue sea, Virus and Deep rising, I think that a Predator could fit in those settings and make a good horror/thriller/action movie. They only need to find believable way to put the hunter in a ship/ on the sea...maybe it tracks it's prey onboard or maybe it's after left behind Predator technology that's stored in a insolated research facility at sea :-)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Milan on Aug 26, 2014, 10:02:46 AMDeep rising

Off-topic, but I literally watched that film last night. One of my all-time favourite movies, it's a riot!

"Now what...?"

Milan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 26, 2014, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: Milan on Aug 26, 2014, 10:02:46 AMDeep rising

Off-topic, but I literally watched that film last night. One of my all-time favourite movies, it's a riot!

"Now what...?"

Yeah, it's one of my favorite movies to, there's just something about it that makes it good for several viewings.

orchidal

Set Pred 4 both in space and on an alien planet with three to four humans who've been initiated into the "tribe". Have them learning to hunt all sorts of weird shit, including Xenos; have them encounter a purist tribe, for the sake of conflict, who don't agree with letting humans in on Predator rites/lifestyles. Let the two tribes go to war with one another on completely hazardous alien planet.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: orchidal on Sep 28, 2014, 12:45:11 PMSet Pred 4 both in space and on an alien planet with three to four humans who've been initiated into the "tribe". Have them learning to hunt all sorts of weird shit, including Xenos; have them encounter a purist tribe, for the sake of conflict, who don't agree with letting humans in on Predator rites/lifestyles. Let the two tribes go to war with one another on completely hazardous alien planet.

I really hate the 'humans are a part of the tribe' idea. Temporarily teaming up in a bad situation to increase the chances of survival is one thing, but humans and Predators living together? No thanks.

FiorinaFury161

I agree. Just let the Preds kill all the humans so we are introduced to a Predator language with captions on the bottom for the rest of the movie. That would be different and exciting (well, to some of us anyways).

Nightmare Asylum

Just go back to Predator 2 levels of insanity.

FiorinaFury161

I'm okay with that too.

RIP Kevin Peter Hall.

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2014, 03:09:09 PM
Quote from: orchidal on Sep 28, 2014, 12:45:11 PMSet Pred 4 both in space and on an alien planet with three to four humans who've been initiated into the "tribe". Have them learning to hunt all sorts of weird shit, including Xenos; have them encounter a purist tribe, for the sake of conflict, who don't agree with letting humans in on Predator rites/lifestyles. Let the two tribes go to war with one another on completely hazardous alien planet.

I really hate the 'humans are a part of the tribe' idea. Temporarily teaming up in a bad situation to increase the chances of survival is one thing, but humans and Predators living together? No thanks.

I always liked the AvP comics with Machiko Noguchi but to each his own... Maybe you'll like this ptch better:

Pedo-tor
An inept Predator with an inferiority complex is banished to an unnamed Chinese metropolis and attempts to redeem himself in the eyes of his former tribesmen by hunting down the only human population he possibly can...newborn babies. Can the Chinese Special Police Force stop the Pedo-tor in time before he leaves the Hop Sing Metropolitan Hospital and flees with a literal bundle trophies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed