Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages" (Read 29,687 times)

bob smith

man did they screw up the last half of covenant.  they could have made it totally bad ass.   such a shame.   :'(

The Cruentus

It would be stupid to make the same move twice or (three times if you include alien 3) to have the Daniels and Tennesse killed at the beginning of the next film, if there is a next film. While the prequels are inferior in my opinion, I would still like some resolution as cliffhangers suck.
Always finish what you start I say.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Shimmering Canopy on Apr 25, 2018, 10:02:19 AM
Shame they decided to explore the engineers IMO. Just like with the "The Thing" prequel, they explained things which, yes, you will always wonder about but which, ultimately, are just best unexplained, left to our imagination. "Things unknown and unknowable", as HPL would say.

What did The Thing prequel explain exactly?

lee

I hope disney give scott a chance to conclude what he begun. It would be a real shame if disney just kill the prequel series without proper endgame.

tleilaxu

Quote from: David Weyland on Apr 25, 2018, 02:00:47 PM
I think the prequels in time will be looked at much much more kindly. Nothing's perfect but overall they are quality made films despite what wannabe Colonial marines or HP Lovecraft fans bleat. It was always such a tall order to satisfy everyone. When Ridley gets round to making directors cuts like some of the great fancuts out there they will be not classics but worthy of their place high up the franchise
They definitely will. The ending of Covenant with David regurgitating his hidden facehugger embryos to Wagner's music is one of the most beautiful scenes in cinema I have and will ever see.

As to where the third movie might go, f**k knows. Ridley has said a few random things, but nothing is definite until a script is made. They have a pretty open playing field, with David going somewhere with his ship full of colonists, the Engineers yet having to find out what happened to their world, Weyland -Yutani possibly doing stuff too...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 25, 2018, 01:09:35 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PMPre-production on Alien: Covenant 2 was reportedly supposed to start in the Summer of 2017 but was cancelled following the disappointing Box Office results of Alien: Covenant.

It's still in post-production on Imdb.
Not sure if that means anything.

You mean pre-production? If it was in post-production it would be almost done. IMDb isn't a very reliable source anyway.

Anyway, Scott is "knee-deep" in pre-production on Queen and Country at the moment, so it's going to be a while before he gets back to Covenant 2 if ever.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 25, 2018, 04:21:45 PM
You mean pre-production? If it was in post-production it would be almost done. IMDb isn't a very reliable source anyway.

Anyway, Scott is "knee-deep" in pre-production on Queen and Country at the moment, so it's going to be a while before he gets back to Covenant 2 if ever.

Yeah, pre-production  :laugh:

I'm just thinking that if it's cancelled, they would change it. Time will tell.

Ultramorph

We may well get Scott's last film, but there is no chance it goes into any kind of production until the Disney deal is done, so 2019 at the earliest for pre-production.

And I pray that Scott doesn't get to finish it. Disney should go grab Neil instead and gives us a proper Alien movie. Scott has lost his touch. :-[

Oh and whoever wrote the scripts should be stoned. More plot/logic holes than a block of swiss. "Cinerama Sins" on YouTube went on a rampage with Prometheus and Covenant. Someone lock this franchise up before anymore idiots can do even more harm.

Baron Von Marlon

Read somewhere Fox was still gonna do a non-Alien related movie before the deal is done. But that'd probably something cheaper and less risky business wise.

Evanus

Quote from: 6 on Apr 25, 2018, 06:15:14 PM
And I pray that Scott doesn't get to finish it. Disney should go grab Neil instead and gives us a proper Alien movie. Scott has lost his touch. :-[
Who says Neill will make a good film?

Quote from: 6 on Apr 25, 2018, 06:19:24 PM
Oh and whoever wrote the scripts should be stoned. More plot/logic holes than a block of swiss. "Cinerama Sins" on YouTube went on a rampage with Prometheus and Covenant. Someone lock this franchise up before anymore idiots can do even more harm.
Cinemasins mostly consists of meaningless dumb critisism and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm glad random internet people are not in charge.  :P

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yes but there was clearly massive contradictions to what went before in the original films. So it's not dumb criticism, it's incredibly valid actually. The fact of the matter is covenant underperformed critically as well as commercially. If some people enjoyed the film good for them, but I think for a lot of us, we were severely disappointed with the final product. Even without bad scripts , the execution was still poor, and answering questions with questions only takes us so far before we start to switch of.

SM

Quote from: 6 on Apr 25, 2018, 06:19:24 PM

Someone make sure this franchise is kept away from anyone who puts any value on CinemasSins.

Scorpio

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 25, 2018, 06:56:33 PM

Who says Neill will make a good film?

Lots of people... and that makes it true.  Don't be contrarian.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed