More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,666 times)

genocyber

The problem with the Predator is the more you risk showing, the less interesting and scary it gets.

echobbase79

They tried to go back with the mystery with Predators and came off like a remake of the first film in a lot of ways. This sequel has to take some chances so it can broaden out to create a more larger fan base and kick start the franchise again. It has practically been dead since Predator 2.

Hopefully, the new film will have a give and take of showing enough, but not showing a lot.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: genocyber on Jan 28, 2017, 12:59:37 AM
The problem with the Predator is the more you risk showing, the less interesting and scary it gets.

The same incorrect statement can be said about Alien (and I think many are excited/interested in Covenant).

KiramidHead

Shane Black writes excellent kid characters. Just look at Gosling's daughter in The Nice Guy, she stole the whole show.

echobbase79

echobbase79

And Danielle Harris from The Last Boy Scout. Also, Murtaugh's family from Lethal Weapon movies.

KiramidHead

Yeah, that gravestone had a lot of personality. ;)

echobbase79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 28, 2017, 03:59:52 AM
Yeah, that gravestone had a lot of personality. ;)

lol

Murtaugh.

KiramidHead

Sorry, couldn't resist the joke.

echobbase79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 28, 2017, 04:26:03 AM
Sorry, couldn't resist the joke.

Don't blame you.  ;)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 28, 2017, 01:14:35 AMThe same incorrect statement can be said about Alien (and I think many are excited/interested in Covenant).

None of the Alien films have ever shown us where the creatures come from or how they came to be. Sure, apparently Covenant is gonna reveal that stuff, but to be honest, I'm worried about where they're going to go with it.

genocyber's right, showing too much of the Predator's culture will make them less interesting.

echobbase79

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2017, 09:42:39 AM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 28, 2017, 01:14:35 AMThe same incorrect statement can be said about Alien (and I think many are excited/interested in Covenant).

None of the Alien films have ever shown us where the creatures come from or how they came to be. Sure, apparently Covenant is gonna reveal that stuff, but to be honest, I'm worried about where they're going to go with it.

genocyber's right, showing too much of the Predator's culture will make them less interesting.

Maybe, but the franchise has to expand regardless. If not showing the Predator culture, then something else.

Stealth_Hunter

I don't want to see Predator culture like it's a documentary (in fact I prefer to not see the Predator home world), I do want to see more of how their presence impacts Earth on a whole, though. And why not see how they react if, say, their tech is intercepted? The Predator can remain hidden and a mystery while still exploring more of this franchise's universe and establishing how certain groups go about in dealing with Predators.

Showing more but definitely not less interesting imo.

skhellter

There's more reason to be optimistic about this film than about Covenant.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 28, 2017, 03:46:38 AM
Shane Black writes excellent kid characters. Just look at Gosling's daughter in The Nice Guy, she stole the whole show.

THIS. The kid is probably gonna drop fbombs left and right.  :laugh:

overthere

overthere

It's not like the kid is going to decypher a book called "Everything about us in 2 volumes", he'll probably just decypher some detail like "they hunt because they lost a bet" or something.

As for the kid in the movie, I have this scene in my head now, like the Predator stumbled onto the kid accidentally, the kid noticed him but wasn't scared, the Predator was confused as to why the kid is not scared and tries to break stuff and look menacing to him, but the kid doesn't budge. Eventually the Predator gives up.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 28, 2017, 04:50:51 PM

I don't want to see Predator culture like it's a documentary (in fact I prefer to not see the Predator home world), I do want to see more of how their presence impacts Earth on a whole, though. And why not see how they react if, say, their tech is intercepted? The Predator can remain hidden and a mystery while still exploring more of this franchise's universe and establishing how certain groups go about in dealing with Predators.

Showing more but definitely not less interesting imo.

That could definitely work.

Or have a small scene of a Predator preparing his equipment for the hunt, maybe using some cool tech to sharpen his blades. Or show him installing something into his mask.

I heard somewhere, maybe Shane Black himself said it, but we might see "who maintains their tech?" Maybe show some Predators preparing the main one for the hunt or something.

So don't worry guys, we're not gonna see how Predators file their tax returns or anything. Just some cool and new little things that make the film unique and add something to the universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed