Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 71,039 times)

j0nesy

i think that's a good way to summarize; more space to roam and explore, less restrictions/containment

AnthaiHero

Anyone notice the prices spiking on older DH comics, particularly crossovers like Batman vs Predator? Those definitely won't be reprinted.

Rambo

Quote from: AnthaiHero on Jul 25, 2020, 06:14:59 PM
Anyone notice the prices spiking on older DH comics, particularly crossovers like Batman vs Predator? Those definitely won't be reprinted.
I haven't been keeping an eye on it but am very curious how aftermarket prices are reacting. Glad I've picked up all the back issues I want.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I have the collection of BVP and like an idiot I also accidentally picked up the trades of the second and third. I may have spent 12 dollars on the third last year and it's now running 90.

At least you can still pick up JLA versus Predator for a reasonable price.

EDIT: 200 dollars + on Amazon for the somewhat recent collection. Whoah :o

Rambo

Wow, wonder how well it's selling at those prices.

I see the latest issue of Comic Shop News has some coverage of the license change. Anyone able to pick this up in a shop? I feel like CSN usually gets a statement from DH on stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293660275681

judge death

Quote from: Rambo on Jul 25, 2020, 06:20:10 PM
Quote from: AnthaiHero on Jul 25, 2020, 06:14:59 PM
I haven't been keeping an eye on it but am very curious how aftermarket prices are reacting. Glad I've picked up all the back issues I want.
PRices on most alien and predator comics have started to go up now, especielly the omnibious and collections and the rare ones.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I already had the Tpb of batman vs predator and the variant singles. I just bought the original 3 issues and the alternate cover issue #1 (some of my all time favorite cover art, series is wonderful too) for $6 ea. Mint, never read or opened. I bought the last issues, cant find them for a reasonable price now. :-\

I have the tpb of Bloodmatch but I don't have the 3rd series.

Prices getting crazy and many series are hard to find online already. Glad I'm 98% complete, would be hard to collect for a reasonable price now.

I use www.mycomicshop.com and www.grahamcrackercomics.com a lot in my collecting.

Rambo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 15, 2020, 01:47:41 AM
I already had the Tpb of batman vs predator and the variant singles. I just bought the original 3 issues and the alternate cover issue #1 (some of my all time favorite cover art, series is wonderful too) for $6 ea. Mint, never read or opened. I bought the last issues, cant find them for a reasonable price now. :-\

Prices getting crazy and many series are hard to find online already. Glad I'm 98% complete, would be hard to collect for a reasonable price now.

I use www.mycomicshop.com and www.grahamcrackercomics.com a lot in my collecting.

Glad you got those issues unread! The covers crease so easily on those versions, and I agree the cover art is fantastic. MyComicShop has been great, thankfully I had already everything that's seeing these price spikes. It's the normally pricey variants and exclusives I'm still tracking down. Haven't used GC before, always seemed pricey, but since I just realized they have a local pickup option for me, might be time to start.

Tichinde

If they don't pick up where dark horse left off I might cry ngl. Now that Detective Shaefer is back we have so many opportunities for stories and with Hunting Grounds bringing back Dutch as a predator hunter they could be bros in the business of hunting aliens idk. They probably will try to create a more "original" universe and undermine everything DH has done since the 90s  :'(

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Predator is probably going to start with its own thing with whatever Marvel is doing. I don't see them immediately picking up the ball where Darkhorse leaves off since I doubt they know where Darkhorse even is. Marvel will probably do its own thing to start with and maybe a mini after that but I expect once they get into a groove they'll do what they did with Star Wars and start porting over characters and older stories. With much less to go off of I could also see them doing the Darkhorse stuff with reprints and then using that as a baseline for the Marvel era. The last reboot only left Hunters and the AVP stuff so it's not like it has the same issue as Alien where a million things came out and having to sort through that. Predator as for the latest reboot has three books and a couple of AVP beyond novels which I'm not sure would be affected by this or not.

Edit: I think Al Ewing is getting close to his end on Immortal Hulk and he's a guy for continuity. So should he get the title we'd probably get a lot of older stuff grandfathered into the Marvel era.

426Buddy

Quote from: Rambo on Aug 15, 2020, 05:17:28 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 15, 2020, 01:47:41 AM

Glad you got those issues unread! The covers crease so easily on those versions, and I agree the cover art is fantastic. MyComicShop has been great, thankfully I had already everything that's seeing these price spikes. It's the normally pricey variants and exclusives I'm still tracking down. Haven't used GC before, always seemed pricey, but since I just realized they have a local pickup option for me, might be time to start.

I'm having a hard time tracking down Batman vs Predator III. Only need issue 4 now but I cannot find it for a good price. Also the TPB and the big collected TPB that has all 3 Batman/Predator series are only available for crazy prices.

judge death

After reading more into how marvel is stealing fans designs and stuff for their star wars comics and now with the copying and shitting on the Dark horse artists Im now boycotting marvel.

I boycotted microsoft xbox one after their E3 2013 and havent even touched that shit console so its a permament decision.

Kradan

I,m not console guy myself but just out of curiosity - what turned you away from Xbox One ?

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 01, 2020, 08:09:50 PM
I,m not console guy myself but just out of curiosity - what turned you away from Xbox One ?
Microsoft said at their E3 show that xbox one would be a must online console and use the cloud function to boost graphics and all games sold will be locked to the console and require online to even play, and you cant sell the game or if the console crashes get the game working on a different console. So microsoft wanted in short: demolish the second hand amrket: you have to get the game brand new directly from microsoft and it will only work as long as microsoft has the servers up for the console, once they close them: you wont be able to play them anymore or have to get the next console they release.... So they control what you can play and when, charge max profit as stores wont sell second hand games, remove any chance of playing the games in the future and its a service now type of service, you dont own the game.

They got so much backlash that they changed it but to this day you can tell the console was meant for online must and cloud use, although they changed their minds they showed what they think and they hate people being able to play games from previous owners and not buy the games directly new or being able to own the games for the future. After that they lost me, remove my owner right and I f**king walk away.

Kradan

What can I say - that sucks

Quote from: judge death on Sep 01, 2020, 08:18:07 PM
Microsoft said at their e# show ...

Holding Shift too much ? I have that bad habbit too  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed