Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 87,199 times)

mavox1

mavox1

ive gotten about 7 hours total in this game, ranging from survivor mode, marine campaign, and predator hunt, mixed species DM

i played it on 360 at a friends house, with another TV, 360, and a copy to boot.

survival is very bare bones from what i can tell, the aliens really dont do much differently in terms of attacking etc, just the same thing over and imo...theres no welding doors, auto turrets, and the map is pull straight form the campaign we played. keep in mind thats only about 30min-45min with that mode, but it felt very bland.

predator hunt was decent, we played online against 5 others on jungle...seems the pred is fairly hard to spot, could have been the lcd is was playing on, but the only way i could find him was waiting for the laser and rushing him.. once you get the pred it is loads of fun,but that map was just too small imo. i placed second.

the marine sp is alright from what i played and saw, not anything that you wouldnt expect imo...some fairly good atmosphere, seems like it drops off in intensity farily quickly though

i see alot of what the reviewers were saying about level design and AI..it never really offers up a good variety imo...kill some xenos, haul a power node, hold off a wave, rinse and repeat. the game really does feel older in terms of development

based on what i played, id give it a 7/10 from fan's perspective...keep in mind, i havent played all of the online modes or much of the alien/pred campaign

pros:

great sound.

true to the series character, models look great.

aliens movement is fluid...for the most part. their are some awkward animations, like the tranisition from crawling to standing.

cons:
far too linear

online seems rather bland and uninspired, but fun to me

AI isn't bright at all

opening fight scene should haven been playable imo, it sounded just like aliens..i would have loved to have just been somewhat involved with entering the complex and building the tension, but no.

i think rebellion is a talented dev, and this game shows, but they need much more to fully flesh out a game like this...it feels rather small of me to be a critic, but my opinion is just me being honest.

sega should wake up and supply rebellion with whatever they require next time around, FULLY fund this product imo for the sequel. they shown what they can do, and i hope it sells well. great attempt

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Beat Marine campaign tonight.

:)

I realllllly enjoyed the game. Graphics could have been better but something tells me this game, graphics wise, is made for the PC.

Corporate Merc

I'll bet it was, watched the whole thing on youtube. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Malachi

Malachi

For those who has tried the PC version , I want to know if its more optimized than the demo , in term of graphic and frames

Zephon

Zephon

Quote from: Malachi on Feb 16, 2010, 04:54:41 AM
For those who has tried the PC version , I want to know if its more optimized than the demo , in term of graphic and frames

And more importantly is it playable in EU?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I have the Marine and Alien campaign done.
I am enjoying it. Not the greatest game ever, but I know I will be addicted to multiplayer.

roguepl

roguepl

About the Queen...

Spoiler
NO acutal queen fight? What the f**k? Why, WHY IN GODS NAME in marine mission she just sits like a stupid cow while a marine is running around destroying the eggs, and flames are all around?
[close]

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 16, 2010, 06:05:57 AM
I have the Marine and Alien campaign done.
I am enjoying it. Not the greatest game ever, but I know I will be addicted to multiplayer.

Done? What difficulty and how much time for each?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Putting this on Notification, I need as much reviews as I can get up until Friday!

kroenen77

kroenen77

Plush Facehugger???Oh god!I hope they don´t use plush facehuggers in the next AVP-Movie. ;D
Can somebody post some pics of his hunter edition,please?I would be happy to see one on real pics.

Noodle

Noodle

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 15, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
This is a review of the instruction manual...

They used an image of the Plush Facehugger...

Really?
Come on now...

That instruction manual looks pretty nice, is it like that the whole way through or just for the character information pages?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I finished all three species on hard. It wasn't hard for me.
I enjoyed the game.
The Marine campaign was the most fun in my opinion, it was very intense. The beginning of the campaign felt very AVP2-ish, and that is a good thing.
The others... Alien had to be the weakest campaign.
Predator felt very Predator-ish. Unlike multiplayer.

I finally was able to get into a match just now, only 3 people playing including myself.
So I will have to wait to judge multiplayer.

Overall though, it was an enjoyable experience, not amazing. Just fun though.

Quote from: Noodle on Feb 16, 2010, 10:09:14 AM
That instruction manual looks pretty nice, is it like that the whole way through or just for the character information pages?

Really just the character pages.

Brother

Brother

Time?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

3-4 hours for each campaign I think.
I started playing around 2 PM-ish this after noon... And it's about 2 AM now.
Mind there was an hour or two that I didn't play it.

Brother

Brother

Well now, this sux.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed