The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 107,740 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 02:14:32 PM
Is there any info on what the difficulties in Isolation actually do? Like does putting it on easy just mean the alien is less responsive or something?
I believe the AI is always the same, the difference is in the resources scattered around the levels and the dmg in/output.

acrediblesource

As soon as I hear about story tidbits and easter eggs, I'm sold. Like WTF happened to Weylan Yutani? Does it exist anymore? What the hell is Seigson? Is there much story to tell or is there as much story as a screenshot can tell.

newbeing

newbeing

IGN's twitter post for Alien Isolation feels like click bait.

QuoteAlien: Isolation isn't a good game. :/

Our review:

Such prose

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 02:25:00 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 02:14:32 PM
Is there any info on what the difficulties in Isolation actually do? Like does putting it on easy just mean the alien is less responsive or something?
I believe the AI is always the same, the difference is in the resources scattered around the levels and the dmg in/output.

Kotaku's review said, hard its almost impossible (the alien hears the motion tracker ping)  spot you more often etc...but they said easy its hard as hell aswell LoL

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 03, 2014, 02:26:43 PM
Like WTF happened to Weylan Yutani? Does it exist anymore?

The game takes place 42 years before the events in Aliens so yes, WY still exist.

RayneStorm82

RayneStorm82

Well, im glad the review average is holding up. IGN's review is an odd read. We got the game in work today but cannot buy it. Bladdy teases!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 03, 2014, 02:26:43 PM
As soon as I hear about story tidbits and easter eggs, I'm sold. Like WTF happened to Weylan Yutani? Does it exist anymore? What the hell is Seigson? Is there much story to tell or is there as much story as a screenshot can tell.

Indeed, Amanda works for Weylan Yutani. Seegson is unique to this game, it's a rival company that manufactures cheap-ass synthetics.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Did an introspective of my thoughts on the game so far and the previews. Consider it a primer for the actual review I do when the game comes out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ToCynhrJM&feature=youtu.be

That Yellow Alien

Seegson

Seegson

The game its gonna be hard, i have to assume it

But it's also depressing, hard, brutal and vaguely upsetting. If you're not prepared to get very, very annoyed you should probably give it a miss. Which is tragic, because in a few fundamental ways, 'Alien Isolation' is one of the best games I have ever played. It is so intensely scary, atmospheric, frustrating and addictive it's almost unbearable.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5926452?utm_hp_ref=tw

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quotethecaffeinatedone
I'm gonna say 7-7.5. What will probably end up making the score lower than it potentially could be is the pacing of the game and difficulty of the alien. Other than that the reviews will be basically positive, I think.

Looks like my prediction was correct. Well...80 on metacritic and not 7.5, but still.
Am actually gonna pre-order it, I think, in wake of the positive reviews, and the fact that the pacing is apparently 'perfect'.
Will just have to play it on easy :p

Randomizer

Randomizer

The game received 80/100 on Metacritic (PC) . Better than I suspected .

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

That IGN review was a kick in the balls... BUT... I am generally reassured (although the Guardian rates things 5/5 all the time)

At the end of the day we are fans and I think for us just exploring that legit universe will count for a lot.

HOWEVER the criticism at the story worries me, as for me that's what seperates the good from the great.

Also people get upset about difficultly when it's unfair (getting shanked from behind 20 times when hiding) Darks Souls is praised because it's hard, but fair - if you have the skill you can beat that game easily

reecebomb

reecebomb

Suck on this Gearbox ha ha! Can't bloody wait to get my copy of Alien Isolation! My only concern from now on is how the story plays out. IGN is a joke, seriously, such losers. First two reviews i saw were from ign and gamespot, my heart sank. Thankfully reviewers with more respect think differently. IGN Italia gave 80%, they are ok in my book.

Oh and, congrats The Creative Assembly team! And you Sega, all is forgiven. Id rather have a feces equivalent Colonial Marines and awesome Alien:Isolation, than a good Aliens game and no Alien game. That being said, if Isolation ends up being a commercial success, than maybe there is some hope for a proper Aliens game in the future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed