Started by Drukathi, Sep 02, 2019, 10:28:50 AM

Who will win?

Prisoners
4 (11.1%)
Runner
32 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Melee rush attack on Runner (Read 9,837 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Ok, all prisoners on Fury 161 rush to poor Runner. They grab him and knocked to the ground. Well, one-two people grab and hold Alien's left hand. Same with right hand, and with left and right legs. And one-two, maybe three people hold the tail. Other people just beat and kick a defenseless alien. Always I wondered if the crowd of unarmed people can kill the Alien? How do you think - it's possible? Who will win?

And remember - just melee. Without fittings, sharpenings and the like.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

No chance.

Even assuming they all act perfectly coordinated without any fear of pain or death, complete selfless dedication to the cause even when people die horrible around them and they get injured, there still is the problem how they could even hurt it without weapons.

And even if they could, the blood would make short work of them before they could hope to kill it.

That is if they can bring it down in the first place. It is far stronger than any man and can easily kill with about every limp, the mouth and the tail.

It is probably strong enough to even crush a human to death against a wall or the floor.

And it is very fast, so it would not be easy to corner it or get ahold on it before it kills or incapacitates too many of them.

My money is firmly on the Runner.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why not let them use the fire axes and carving knives that Andrews mentioned?  That may at least give them a chance to mortally wound it.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: The Kurgan on Sep 02, 2019, 10:41:25 AM
That is if they can bring it down in the first place. It is far stronger than any man and can easily kill with about every limp, the mouth and the tail.

I don't think that Runner's short thick neck will allow him to reach people. Someone can hold the Alien's head behind like a pillow, not allowing him to turn his head and attack others.

And it is very fast, so it would not be easy to corner it or get ahold on it before it kills or incapacitates too many of them.

This is a small handicap for prisonners. They already grabbed him.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 02, 2019, 10:46:56 AM
Why not let them use the fire axes and carving knives that Andrews mentioned?  That may at least give them a chance to mortally wound it.

I'm sure - in rush attack, they can do it. But it's about old school beat 'em up. A kind of challenge. And don't forget about acid blood - axe is dangerous choice.

SM

SM

Alien in the first round.

SiL

SiL

Runner's tail has a serrated ridge. Good luck holding onto that for long.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 02, 2019, 11:02:32 AM

This is a small handicap for prisonners. They already grabbed him.

I don't think they could hold him down for long, if at all. Even if, sooner or later somebody gets tired and loses his grip.

There is still the problem of the missing weapons. The Runner survived tons of molten lead dropped on him, I doubt fists and kicks would do any serious damage.

With all the people crowded around the Runner, holding him, I doubt they could get some good shots in anyway.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: The Kurgan on Sep 02, 2019, 11:20:37 AM
I don't think they could hold him down for long, if at all. Even if, sooner or later somebody gets tired and loses his grip.

Get tired? Even exhausted they are still 70-100 kilograms. Two people = 140-200 kg per arm of alien. For powerloader - 200 kg it's not a problem, because metal and hydraulics, but not for alien. I'm sure - Runner can get tired too! :P

Quote from: SiL on Sep 02, 2019, 11:11:43 AM
Runner's tail has a serrated ridge. Good luck holding onto that for long.

It is unlikely that these ridge are very sharp or something like that. It's not a blades. Hmm.. Alien Warrior has blades on arms and this can be a problem, but Runner hasn't. Ripley could grab Runner's tail, Dillon prevented her.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 02, 2019, 11:36:17 AM
It is unlikely that these ridge are very sharp or something like that. It's not a blades. Hmm.. Alien Warrior has blades on arms and this can be a problem, but Runner hasn't. Ripley could grab Runner's tail, Dillon prevented her.
Ripley couldn't. She tried and the Alien pulled it out of her grip. They don't need to be sharp -- they at least mean that you don't have a good surface to grip. Wrapping your fingers around the spikes means spreading your fingers and weakening your grip. The people grabbing the tail are going to lose their fingers.

And somebody's going to have to hold near the tip, which is bladed.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 02, 2019, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Sep 02, 2019, 11:20:37 AM

Get tired? Even exhausted they are still 70-100 kilograms. Two people = 140-200 kg per arm of alien. For powerloader - 200 kg it's not a problem, because metal and hydraulics, but not for alien. I'm sure - Runner can get tired too! :P

They are holding him, not just sitting on his arm. They have to actively hold him tight, which is exerting, and not just use their body weight. It's not easy to hold something as strong as an alien that tries to violently jerk free.

If their hold looses and he gets to jerk an arm free, it's over.

Not to mention, there is still the problem of them actually doing damage between all that.

Plus like Sil said, the tail grabbers have a good chance of broken fingers.

Huggs

Huggs

He could lift full grown men off the ground with zero effort. Serrated tail, claws and teeth. Furthermore, I believe the novelization of Alien 79 implied they could even regrow appendages, so he's not going to die from blood loss or be weakened for long by a lost limb.

He's a freight train of death. They had nothing too formidable with which to fight. For all intents and purposes, they truly were f**ked.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 02, 2019, 05:37:51 PM
He could lift full grown men off the ground with zero effort. Serrated tail, claws and teeth. Furthermore, I believe the novelization of Alien 79 implied they could even regrow appendages, so he's not going to die from blood loss or be weakened for long by a lost limb.

He's a freight train of death. They had nothing too formidable with which to fight. For all intents and purposes, they truly were f**ked.
Don't forget, the A3 creature also had the nastiest surprise of all - the ability to spit acid.

SM

SM

One prisoner to put his hand over the mouth.  That oughta do it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2019, 11:33:47 PM
One prisoner to put his hand over the mouth.  That oughta do it.

Over 85's maybe.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

One of the prisoners name better be Dachande if they wanna have a chance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed