Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 18, 2019, 08:28:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood! (Read 114,174 times)

The Old One

The Old One

An early Birthday present!

426Buddy

Yikes TFAW says issue three is now April 8th, I hope this series isn't going to see big delays like the AvPvJD series.

Voodoo Magic

Samhain13

I finally decided to take a look at this. Its a shame AVP is back with such a poor treatment for my predators. Better luck next time.

Voodoo Magic

SuperiorIronman

Solicit is out for issue 4 when I went looking for news on the book's delay.

Spoiler
The action-packed finale! Maria and the Predator make their final, harrowing stand against the Alien. But in a pact with the Predator, safety is never guaranteed.
[close]

My take;
Spoiler
The Predator is missing an arm and a leg and unless it regrows it or attaches a replacement, what does she have to worry about from a creature that can't even stand? Also, Darkhorse's own website spoils issue 3 so thanks for that. In a book that has killed or mutilated every Predator seen so far, if the Predator even beats the Alien I'm expecting the girl to just gun it down.
[close]

Outside of spoilers, anybody feel like this just wasted its own setting? The Predator on the holo-deck is a fun idea and the setup of the kid-bot being into some sort of spaceman thing would be kind of fun to see realized as the kids fight back. But instead they've been running through corridors because they happened to fly through Predator territory and the Predators happened to have an Alien break free. I feel like there's just far more potential to be seen here.

The Old One

The Old One

I hear the Predator side's getting diced regularly, makes a change from the Alien side being diced regularly.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 02, 2020, 09:26:06 PM
Outside of spoilers, anybody feel like this just wasted its own setting? The Predator on the holo-deck is a fun idea and the setup of the kid-bot being into some sort of spaceman thing would be kind of fun to see realized as the kids fight back. But instead they've been running through corridors because they happened to fly through Predator territory and the Predators happened to have an Alien break free. I feel like there's just far more potential to be seen here.

Yeah I do. I've personally found it a underwhelming story, with so many missed opportunities involving not just its setting, but the dynamics of having an artificial child/sibling. It's been rather a disposable experience so far (unfortunately).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 03, 2020, 12:44:20 AM
I hear the Predator side's getting diced regularly, makes a change from the Alien side being diced regularly.

It's hugely f**king refreshing. Thing is they've been going out rather memorably and brutally which I'm enjoying too.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2020, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 03, 2020, 12:44:20 AM

It's hugely f**king refreshing. Thing is they've been going out rather memorably and brutally which I'm enjoying too.

Refreshing in a general sense but poorly constructed. Show us how.

We're going from this:

Spoiler

[close]
to this:

Spoiler

[close]

Clearly the Alien is at a disadvantage here without the element of surprise, so show us how it won!  It's titled AvP!  :)

It reminds me of Godzilla 2014, where the two monsters begin to collide in battle only for the film to immediately cut to the aftermath - and to news reports letting the audience know 'Boy did you miss an awesome battle!' :P

Okay, rant over. ;D

The Old One

The Old One

It's pointless if it's no good.

426Buddy

Yeah, still not bothering me. The alien has lots of tools to kill a predator. Would it have been better to see some action? Sure, but it doesnt really bother me.

Jigsaw85

Whaaaaaaaaaat? An Alien getting a victory over a Predator in an Alien vs Predator story? Apparently the writers didn't get the memo that the Aliens' only purpose in AVP is to die by the thousands as the predator stands over a pile of their mutilated bodies while striking a cool pose.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 06, 2020, 04:57:55 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaat? An Alien getting a victory over a Predator in an Alien vs Predator story? Apparently the writers didn't get the memo that the Aliens' only purpose in AVP is to die by the thousands as the predator stands over a pile of their mutilated bodies while striking a cool pose.

Yeeeeeeeehawwwww!!!!

;D

The Old One

The Old One

It's happened both ways.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed