H.R. Giger for Alien Prequel?

Started by Darkness, Dec 18, 2010, 06:49:12 PM

Author
H.R. Giger for Alien Prequel? (Read 20,741 times)

azrael55

azrael55

while i think giger's work on the alien itself is done, he is desperately needed for working on designs regarding the space jockeys (the creatures themselves as well as their environment). therefore, this is the best news about the prequel since we had been told scott would be the director!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

People talk about Giger's idea of an alien that kisses people to death as if it's the dumbest thing they've ever heard... but have you guys actually seen him describe the idea in the DVD special features?  It actually sounds kind of interesting...  Not sure if I'd have wanted it in the film, but it's still pretty cool.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

I agree with abbath-demonaz. I prefer the bio-mechanical look of the aliens in the alien movies. I am such a huge fan of H.R. Giger and I am hoping that this movie would saved the franchise and I cant wait what new alien creature designs that H.R. Giger is working on at the moment. This is pretty promising news since they went away from the bio-mechanical in Alien 3. The last 3 designs of the aliens looked horrible I hated those designs. I agree with necrotard too about I also thought the alien kisses people to death was a pretty neat idea by Giger.  ;D

jimmylace

jimmylace

i've grown fond of ADIs aliens...they sort of worked quite well in the context of alien vs predator. (their predators werent so great) But glad to hear this news for the standalone,

Abe

Abe

Why is this post got a question mark in the title.

Darkness

Darkness

Because Fox, Ridley Scott or Giger haven't confirmed it themselves.

Abe

Abe

Oh yeah. :-[

JediMasterGabe

Sweet. Btw IGN picked up this story lol.

shinigami

shinigami

Holy ****! This truly IS good news and totaly unexpected for me.  ;D

Jungle-Hunter-1987

YES YES YES!!!  ;D

MrLee

MrLee

in 3D?

*sighs*

worriors

worriors

Great news, lets only hope Giger does'nt go crazy like his work on Alien3. A kissing Alien, i dont think so!!!

So GIger dont mess it up.

skull-splitter

@ Brego:
It wasn't Alien anymore in Gigers mind, it was more of a wolverine biomechanical monster, more Sil than Alien (but that might be a good thing). ADI took his guidance and had a tighter schedule than Giger would've required.

The look of the A3 runner IMO is superb, and perhaps I like it most of all, it certainly was Giger through and through.

What killed the A3 creature for most was that it behaved different than expected. Now imagine it even looked different too.

Then again, I like Alien 3 best out of the whole series...

Dave

Dave

i think HR will not design anything anymore..
i DO hope he does, but i doubt it..

Superpredator

Alien 5 is ment to be about the space jokey and H.R GIGER designed it but nobody could could make one like him he is the best            
                                       R.I.P  Kevin Peter Hall

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed