H.R. Giger for Alien Prequel?

Started by Darkness, Dec 18, 2010, 06:49:12 PM

Author
H.R. Giger for Alien Prequel? (Read 20,529 times)

Darkness

Darkness

This is definitely good news if it’s true. H.R. Giger’s wife, Carmen Scheifele, has said the Swiss surrealist painter is working on the Alien Prequel. You can check out the video interview with his wife here and another report about it here. It’s in German though.

HR Giger, Schöpfer der “Alien”-Figur für  den 1979 entstandenen Film von Ridley Scott, wird erneut mit dem  Regisseur zusammenarbeiten. Dies bestätigte die Frau des Schweizer  Künstlers, Carmen Scheifele, in der Sendung “glanz & gloria” des  Schweizer Fernsehens. Ihr Mann sei “on board”, also dabei, sagte  Scheifele. Es werde sicher einen 3D-Film geben, wahrscheinlich aber  zwei. Geplant sei ein Prequel, das die Geschichte vor dem ersten  Alien-Film erzählt.

Basically, she says that Giger is on-board for the prequel. It will be a 3D film – there might be two and that it takes place before the first film. H.R. Giger of course created the Alien creature as well as various set pieces in the original Alien including the Space Jockey and its spacecraft. Thanks to Undel for the news.

LakersFan

LakersFan

sounds great  ;D

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Gigerty Gigerty Goo

Rudy M Alapag

Rudy M Alapag

8)  sounds very cool. having H.R. Giger being involved in the ALIEN PREQUEL. which it may b 1 or 2 films. but what about the rating? is it gonna b rated R or rated PG-13? I would love it 2 b rated R. That's why the 1st ALIEN was rated R and so on.

skull-splitter

I have mixed feelings.

I love his work, but what he wanted to do on Alien 3 was straying FAR too far from the set lore that Alien has become, let alone that it'd be practical to use his designs.

However, apart from the second and third film, all films he wasn't working on were shite on the Alien part.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Have to agree with skull-splitter here.  As much as i love Gigars contribution to the original Alien, even in that film some of his work was nothing short of being a turkey (pun intended), whle for Alien3 FOX wisely pulled the rug from under him after he already went too far with his "kissing" alien, and I dont usually agree with FOX on most things anyway.  Having said that, Gigars absense for Aliens and A:R, was more than obvious, only the colaboration between Winston & Cameron for the Alien Queen really stood out, the majority of the creature effects were pretty awful. The 4th film did show some promise, bringing back the smooth Alien heads was a good move and the eggs never looked better.  Unfortunately everything in between, though mostly looked great, was either over the top or just unnecessary I thought.

abbath-demonaz

abbath-demonaz

I love Giger's work and since Alien 3, the Aliens looks awful (no more Biomechanical), I think he can do a good job designing new creatures and bring back the biomechanical alien!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

If Giger gets a really messed-up idea again, Ridley will keep him in line just like Fincher did.  The director gets the final creative call.

acid dreamer

acid dreamer

best news ever

blackhawk

blackhawk

Good news here!! Please go back to the original design!! I love his work especially the space jockey....

Brother

Brother

f**kin' A

Dallas001

Dallas001

:)
Does that mean ADI's flipper handed and buck toothed inbred alien designs are out? Awesome!

The Necronoir

Considering Ridley's avouched shift in focus, it's fairly safe to assume that Giger will be working primarily on the Pilot race designs, which is where his biomechanical aesthetic is sure to shine. No one else can envision such a messed-up fusion of organism and machine.

Brego

Brego

I strongly disagree with those who didnt like his work on A3, if his ideas had made it through to fruition, I think we would not have had such a negative response to A.  I loved HRG's designs, even in their early stages.  Rather than making the Runner more animal like, HRG planned to make it even more Biomechanical.  Anyhow, its great news regarding the prequel, lets hope its true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed