Would you like to see a Predator movie where?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Nov 01, 2018, 03:17:20 AM

Author
Would you like to see a Predator movie where? (Read 800 times)

Aliens1986fanboy

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Glover reprise their roles from the first 2 Predator movies and go up against a clan of Predators??
I sure would love to see that (despite Schwarzenegger and Glover being old)

Huggs

Huggs

They're both simply getting way...way too old for that sh*t.  :D And you'd risk having too many "buddy movie" moments. I foresee a lot of bad comedy and shout outs to other films, some not even related to the predator franchise.

Fun aside, the predators aren't going to be older and weaker. How on earth (pun intended) are Dutch and Harrigan going to fight back effectively? Shooting guns at bad guys like in the expendables movies is one thing, but trying to believe these guys are actually putting up a fight against multiple predators at this stage of life is a very...very hard sell.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I wouldn't like to see them team up but I'd be happy to see them reprise their roles in their own films. I would also love to see a Predator movie set in a dystopian cyberpunk near future circa 2025 with a possible reference to Yutani. Wouldn't mind a period Predator film as well; WWI, Feudal Japan or Mayan.

SM

1970s Cambodia starring Martin Sheen.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2018, 04:46:01 AM
1970s Cambodia starring Martin Sheen.

Marlon Brando as the Predator?

SM

Of course.

Saith

While I'm not adverse to an over the top Tech vs Tech film (futurist sci-fi/colonial marines),  though honestly I'd rather just see resilience & restraint. A True Hunt.

Settings wise, WW1 or maybe Vietnam as the Jungle has proved it's worth to these Hunters before. But if it were modern times I would like to see a Desert. Predators like the Heat and I reckon seeing one while camouflaged in a Sandstorm would be f**king awesome.

So perhaps the Middle East. Well, any place brimming with Human Conflict seems really appropriate.

Huntsman

In the far future with an advanced city. That way it separates itself from 1997 LA.

Kurai

The near future, on a Martian colony, maybe?
The atmosphere processor has made the atmosphere breathable, but also incredibly hot. Various colony towns have been set up around the planet and the distance from Earth has made some of these become somewhat feudal or like the "Wild West".
The leader pf the main character's colony perhaps is a violent crime lord and the Predator hunting shakes up the status quo, and after the Predator is defeated, the scars heal over and the colony begins to move in a healthier direction.

elsiniestro

I don't want any more Predator movies in space,. Although I do wish we got to see Royce and Isabelle make it home somehow, it would seem almost erratic to go back and resume the story of Predators after The Predator.

I want more earth-based films. A film inspired by Cold War the same way P2 was inspired by Concrete Jungle could be good.

Or even better, as I saw somebody say the other day, a film set during the Mayan civilisation (sort of like Apocalypto featuring a Predator) could be cool. You could have a Pred who doesn't use plasmacasters, in order to even the playing field, and you could have tribal warriors teaming up to take it down. Another take on the "rite of passage" theme from AVP, but inverted so that it is the humans uniting to hunt the hunter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed