(WIP)Single-Player Map - Pioneer's Promise

Started by SuperMarks, Aug 13, 2019, 09:29:25 PM

Author
(WIP)Single-Player Map - Pioneer's Promise (Read 3,809 times)

SuperMarks

SuperMarks

Howdy folks, I've been working on a Single-Player map of mine since finishing my last project - the MP map dm_processor - that I thought y'all might be interested in taking a look at, as a lot of my posts have been over at the AvP2 Community Discord. I'll keep the rest of the text short and to the end of this post, but here are some images of the WIP level:

(Do not be afraid to open image in new tab to get a larger view)

For PioPro I recognised early on the difficulty of creating narrative elements while lacking new Voice Acting, so I have instead focused my efforts on replayability and gameplay factor. Therefore you can expect this level to have high level of replayability, and a certain degree of random elements to the 'main' area of the level, both in terms of gameplay and how the Player can approach the level. Aside from this you can also expect full Facehugger->Chestburster->Drone lifecycle within the map, as well as other elements I will talk about later closer to release.

I hope you enjoyed this brief look and I will share more of this project soon!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome SuperMarks. I am always up for new custom SP maps!!! Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Did you used to make maps back in the day?

x-M-x

Great to see you on galaxy

@ Hicks he used Dedit years ago, he also released an mp map.

https://twitter.com/avpunknown/status/1130208269333614592

^^^^

SuperMarks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2019, 08:04:07 AM
Welcome SuperMarks. I am always up for new custom SP maps!!! Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Thank you! I look forward to showing more of the map as time goes forward.

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 14, 2019, 04:35:15 PM
Great to see you on galaxy

@ Hicks he used Dedit years ago, he also released an mp map.

Thanks x-M-x, figured it might help stir up a bit more buzz in the community, I hope :laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2019, 08:04:07 AM
Did you used to make maps back in the day?

As x-M-x said, I used to make Dedit maps many years ago, but I never released any. My first release was dm_processor, and was useful for remembering how everything worked in Dedit. Afterwards I had to decide between an Evac or SP map and eventually decided on SP after noticing that very few people play Evac anymore :(

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, SP is the safe bet on people actually getting to play the custom stuff these days. To be fair, it's how I always used to prefer custom content back in the day. As much as I loved things like the OPP map, never did get to play it with many people.

PsyKore

Damn, this looks great!

The Old One

The Old One

Looking forward to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed