Possible Concept Art for Alien 5 by Carlos Huante?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 06, 2018, 02:54:34 PM

Author
Possible Concept Art for Alien 5 by Carlos Huante? (Read 13,725 times)

SM

I don't think concept art got a movie cancelled.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2018, 07:01:54 AM
I don't think concept art got a movie cancelled.

Has that ever happened in the history of cinema? One piece of conceptual art tanking a whole production? If it has, I feel sorry for that art department.

SM

That artist oughta rethink his career.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

:D had these been labeled as 'unused RIDLEY SCOTT Prometheus concept art' instead of being for 'kamp's film most of the complaints would vanish

Corporal Hicks

Omegamorph, stoking the fire of the fandom division.

SiL

He's not wrong :P

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure the half that hates Blomkamp would be praising them, and then the other half that dislike will then fill in that gap of complaining.  :laugh: Cannot win.

bobby brown

bobby brown

The ones depicting healthy alien variants are cool, very cool even, especially the first and last one. I just dislike the resident evil variety.
Giger's alien is very sacred to me artistically speaking, Still, I can appreciate variant designs, but there are limits.

skhellter

skhellter

Cool concepts. Love huante's work. (still dont care much for Blomkamp)

Denton Smalls

Were the pics removed because Alien 5 is potentially still on the table?

Corporal Hicks

Despite releasing some concepts, Blomkamp is still being cagey with what he releases, as was ADI when we were after some specifics. I think they still want to keep a tight lid on this incase.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
Despite releasing some concepts, Blomkamp is still being cagey with what he releases, as was ADI when we were after some specifics. I think they still want to keep a tight lid on this incase.

If (big "if") they make Alien 5, you think they'll include Ripley and Hicks as originally intended? That concept art came out two years ago and when you're as old as Weaver and Biehn, an additional two years can really show on your face/body...

Just trying to envision what that storyline would look like.

Nightmare Asylum

If they'd just dump Ripley and Hicks from this (do it with new characters after Alien 3, or hell, maybe Ripley 8 after Resurrection) then I'd be much more interested in this. I love Huante's work on Ridley's films and it is equally impressive here.

Hell, there's even potential in moving the David story beyond the "prequel" era and into the post-3 or post-Res world.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 07, 2018, 08:48:34 AM
:D had these been labeled as 'unused RIDLEY SCOTT Prometheus concept art' instead of being for 'kamp's film most of the complaints would vanish

Yeah, it would have been supergreen then...  :D

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Feb 07, 2018, 02:22:26 PM
Were the pics removed because Alien 5 is potentially still on the table?

That's why I asked the Corporal who requested the removal yesterday. If it was Fox it may have been. But this is probably just Carlos getting a little jittery over all the attention the images are getting. I don't think he ever had express written permission to publish it online.

Well wait and see if Bloody Disgusting, Sci-fied and the rest who still have the images displayed online get slammed with a C&D from Fox or not.

LiquidMonster

Hicks-I agree. My gut feeling is that Disney will move pretty quickly on the ALIEN IP once the actual deal is finalized by Disney/Fox(from my understanding, they have agreed in principal on the deal but have not signed off on it yet ie: Disney buying Fox)

I personally think Disney will go with Blomkamp/Weaver and his "ALIENS 2.0" movie. As long as Weaver and Biehn are still willing to do it(pretty sure they'll get Lance Henrikson back on board as well) it's the "safe" bet for Disney.

Much like they did with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I think Disney will play it "more safe" and go with fan favorites like Ellen Ripley and Hicks fighting Aliens and hopefully it'll set up an adult Newt "getting passed the torch" for possible further ALIEN fighting adventures......

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed