What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,631 times)

The Cruentus

Though his character is too over the top and cartoonish.

overthere

I like the escape scene and that scene where Predator is holding that guy in the air and motioning to the others to lower their weapons.

Trying to shoot the Predator after that was a stupid decision. He obviously tried to communicate something and wasn't going to kill the guy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: overthere on Dec 22, 2018, 01:19:24 PM
I like the escape scene and that scene where Predator is holding that guy in the air and motioning to the others to lower their weapons.

Trying to shoot the Predator after that was a stupid decision. He obviously tried to communicate something and wasn't going to kill the guy.

It's hard to imagine, if I had those combat skills, what I would do in that situation (to be honest).

The Shuriken

I liked that scene with the Predator signaling them to lower their weapons too. I like it when Predators and Humans interact. It's a small detail, but it does a lot for me as a fan.

yautjapet

I loved Fugitive, he was pretty much everything I could have hoped for - fast, agile, expressive, intelligent, resourceful, realistic. The lab breakout scene was a joy to watch. Kudos to Brian Prince.

And while I feel the character of Casey could have been better used, I did enjoy her and liked the idea of a character who's been optimistically fascinated by the idea of extraterrestrial life finally coming face to face with one.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 22, 2018, 06:38:35 PM
I liked that scene with the Predator signaling them to lower their weapons too. I like it when Predators and Humans interact. It's a small detail, but it does a lot for me as a fan.

Same here, those tend to consistently be my favorite moments throughout the movies, comics, and books alike.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Fugitive's design, him being captured, his escape and his kills. Space sequence was fine, Upgrade using the translator to taunt the humans.

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM
My absolute favorite part of the film is when the Ultimate Predator killed Fugitive.

He kind of killed the movie as well when he did that. Quite the double kill.

Wysps

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 22, 2018, 06:38:35 PM

Me too.  It kind of hones in on the fact that Predators do understand humans to some extent, besides basic emotions like fear, anger, etc.

Xenomrph

The Fugitive on the whole, and his lab escape in particular, were great.

While I wasn't thrilled with the Upgrade's mega-huge design or all of his, well, "upgrades", the way he was used in the plot was neat.

Traeger blowing his own head off with the shoulder cannon was hilarious (I just wish it was edited better so you could see what happened better).

While the Predator Killer armor is a goofy concept, I'll give it points for looking pretty damn cool.

SiL

I actually really liked the Predator biting people and using his natural claws offensively. That was a neat touch.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Dec 23, 2018, 06:08:22 AM
I actually really liked the Predator biting people and using his natural claws offensively. That was a neat touch.

I totally forgot about that, that stuff was great.

SiL

Absolutely wrecked a dude's face with his bare hands. One of a very few times a Predator has been seen using anything other than his weapons to inflict serious damage on a person.

The Shuriken

What's funny is that sometime before the movie started filming, I made a thread wondering if fans wanted to see a Predator bite someone.

And now we have a such a scene.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 24, 2018, 05:20:40 AM

What's funny is that sometime before the movie started filming, I made a thread wondering if fans wanted to see a Predator bite someone.

And now we have a such a scene.

You can see the future!

The Cruentus

Master Chief

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 23, 2018, 06:46:13 AM

I totally forgot about that, that stuff was great.
Yes! I loved the look Ultimate gave Traeger after it bit off the soldier's head! Creepy AF!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed