Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 826,440 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Basket Case (1982)
Entertaining comedy with a lot of overacting, from the guy who also made Frankenhooker.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Fountain

My second watch, coming many years after my first. This just might be my favorite Aronofsky movie, but of course maybe π or mother! will sway me.

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 22, 2021, 12:22:17 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 19, 2021, 11:30:42 PM
Requiem for a Dream

Jennifer Connelly can't get away from that damn pier.

Only Rufus can get her movin'.

They spend the whole damn movie looking for Shell Beach and now she can't leave. :laugh:

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 21, 2021, 01:12:55 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 21, 2021, 11:39:00 AM
Elvira Mistress of Darkness

Thank you Amazon Prime  :D

This was fun too. I was pleasantly surprised how generally funny Cassandra Peterson who played Elvira is!

She totally rocks!  I love the car too, even though the movie was epic cheese it's a guilty pleasure  :D.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 22, 2021, 11:53:45 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 21, 2021, 01:12:55 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 21, 2021, 11:39:00 AM
Elvira Mistress of Darkness

Thank you Amazon Prime  :D

This was fun too. I was pleasantly surprised how generally funny Cassandra Peterson who played Elvira is!

She totally rocks!  I love the car too, even though the movie was epic cheese it's a guilty pleasure  :D.

Ha definitely. I loved when the town is about to burn Elvira at the stake and the religious lady says with giddiness something like "We should do one of these every year!"  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Soul ~ Pixar movie

An emotional journey full of vision and heart. I love it.  :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

mother!

Overall I liked this, even if it lost me a bit when it turned into Call of Duty for five minutes.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 22, 2021, 05:13:15 PM
Soul ~ Pixar movie

An emotional journey full of vision and heart. I love it.  :)

Agreed. I haven't felt Pixar being so passionate about the material for a loooooooong time

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Exactly!

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 22, 2021, 07:58:11 PM
mother!

Overall I liked this, even if it lost me a bit when it turned into Call of Duty for five minutes.

I hate to sound pedantic, in fact I'm not that good when it comes to movies interpretations, but I saw this excited by people who claimed that "it was too cerebral and difficult to understand". However, the movie gives you plenty of clues so one can understand what are the allegories about.  :laugh:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 22, 2021, 07:58:11 PM
mother!

That movie was insane, especially that last half. I watched it once and can say that I'm good for a few years ha

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Noah

I've always really liked this one, but watching it more or less back to back with mother was a fascinating experience. mother is like Noah's psychotic fraternal twin. The Cain to its Abel, so to speak.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mortal Kombat (2021)

An enjoyable enough action movie, mainly just held back by the new character being a block of wood.

Huggs

Huggs

First Blood

"C'mon Leroy, sling that paint boy!"

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Vanishing Point (1971)

Excellent film, which I thought was too religious the first time I saw it, and that made me not like it. Rewatching now, I would merely say the film has some spiritual themes. As well as lots of excellent car chase footage. Watch this if you like 'the good ol american car movies' and you havent seen it...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Love and Monsters (2020)

It was ok.. Oh and there' s a JAWS moment or something.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 25, 2021, 12:33:31 AMFirst Blood

"C'mon Leroy, sling that paint boy!"

Much like Rocky, the sequels make it easy to forget what a seriously good movie that first one is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed