Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

Started by molasar, May 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Author
Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC (Read 46,658 times)

Voodoo Magic

Indeed.

Quote from: BlankSpace on Aug 19, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
This game is 100% certain to be a huge disaster. Count on it!

Who wouldn't rely on the wisdom of repeated anonymous unregistered user trolling?  Crazy people, that's who!

:P

Samhain13

AVPGalaxy does have a history of crazy over the top guest comments.

Voodoo Magic

Hah, yeah, once in a while they are funny. I always liked the one "Aliens and Predator fans are a human centipede because we keep eating sh*t"  but those little comedy gems are pretty rare. :D

But declaring this game a 100% disaster without any reviews, official full game details or any gameplay footage is quite the eyeroll inducer!  ;D

I guess we should be thankful it hasn't reached the level of Alien Blackout fury!  ~Knocks on wood~

slipknotpredator

I'm super hyped for this. 2 hours to go!

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Nameless_1 on Aug 17, 2019, 11:00:02 PM
Oh goody, I do so love to watch a train wreck.  ;D

Quote from: BlankSpace on Aug 19, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
This game is 100% certain to be a huge disaster. Count on it!

Just another "one man's trash is another man's treasure" situation here.

Kailem

At the very least based on Friday the 13th it should be pretty great in the fanservice department. That sort of thing can sometimes go a long way towards papering over certain gameplay cracks.

Voodoo Magic

Applying their F13 model to Predator is what has gotten me so darn excited about it.  :)

Kailem

The fact that unlike F13 this is going to be a shooter, with the human characters presumably being able to actually fight back against the Predator, gives me hope that this will avoid some of the less fun gameplay aspects of F13.

In that game is Jason could sometimes find you immediately and kill you, then you had to either sit around spectating until the match was over to get your XP or leave with nothing. Hopefully here if the number of humans is less (based on the CG reveal trailer), and they can actually fight back, that should help prevent those annoying situations from being repeated here.

JokersWarPig

On the opposite side of that though there's a risk the Predator might be to easy to kill. I'm sure that a lot of what goes in to winning as the Predator will be tactics and patience, but it would also suck to not be able to take on a human player in a 1 on 1 situation.

Hopefully the Predators are durable but not OP

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 19, 2019, 06:05:44 PM
On the opposite side of that though there's a risk the Predator might be to easy to kill. I'm sure that a lot of what goes in to winning as the Predator will be tactics and patience, but it would also suck to not be able to take on a human player in a 1 on 1 situation.

Hopefully the Predators are durable but not OP

They can always buff or nerf the Predator' stats later on, that's what happened on F13.

At launch people complained about Jason being too OP so he got nerfed but then everybody was new at the game. After a year people learned the games's tricks, got bunch of high level perks and with the addition of the small maps the tables turned. Counselors could easily gang up on Jason, escaping from or killing the other player quite fast. It ruins the experience being able to kill Jason 3 matches in a row. Then early this year Jason got buffed.

Finding the right balance might be one of the biggest challenges and they might not get it right the first time. As long as they are willing to fix things later on its okay.

Kailem

The sadly inevitable thing with most multiplayer games is that people always complain about something being OP even if the game gives them everything they need to counter it. Most of the time they're either just stupid or they don't actually want to do anything that takes them outside their own personal little play style in order to deal with whatever it is they're having a problem with, and instead just want said thing nerfed into the ground so they can continue to just do whatever they want to do without having to worry about getting destroyed because the way they play sucks.

Corporal Hicks

Please use the new thread to talk about the footage: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=62654.0

Original Predator

Quote from: Kailem on May 09, 2019, 10:25:47 PM
I knew that name sounded familiar. Hopefully it's a lot less janky than Friday the 13th.

EDIT: The Playstation Blog post about it has gone up. I like that the soldier team has to accomplish their own, non-Predator-related objectives. Definitely gives it the flavour of the original film rather than just making it a straight-up team deathmatch.

It sounds like they are cramming too much into the "object" of the game.  Having objectives while a Pred freely assaults you along the way is going to take away from the experience. 

I know what they are trying/attempting to accomplish but the fact that players KNOW the Predator will be there, will distract them and likely defer the "mission" aspect to just focusing on the Predator.  I think it will wind up that most players are just looking out for the Pred the entire time anyways and this should've just been a death match type game.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Gotta get people to move somehow or they will just hunker down as a group and wait for the pred. Not much fun in that.

Accomplishing objectives as a team while keeping an eye on the predator stalking you, waiting for his chance to strike, sounds way more thrilling and immersive  than yet another regular death match type IMO.

JokersWarPig

I'd have to guess the XP will be a big motivator for the human team to complete their objectives, much like it is in the F13 game.
There's probably going to be more value in completing your objectives and escaping rather than in actually killing the Predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed