First image from the Alien movie set by Fede Álvarez

Started by Acid_Reign161, Apr 26, 2023, 04:46:49 PM

Author
First image from the Alien movie set by Fede Álvarez (Read 15,750 times)

Simplicity

Simplicity

Does anyone know of a story line yet?

Kane's other son

Not yet known. If leaks are to be believed, a group of youngsters from a backwater dead-end colony (and their artificial person) board a derelict W-Y ship, hoping to get rich. Hilarity does not ensue.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 27, 2023, 04:38:36 PMDo you guys think the facehugger is an actual thing they use in the production? could just be some collectible from some crew member.

It's likely just a stunt piece.

Year0

Quote from: Simplicity on Apr 28, 2023, 09:22:58 AMDoes anyone know of a story line yet?
All I heard is it's about a bunch of young millennials trying to survive in a hostile environment where no one helps them as they head towards a bleak future. Kind of like reality.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Year0 on May 01, 2023, 03:36:34 PM
Quote from: Simplicity on Apr 28, 2023, 09:22:58 AMDoes anyone know of a story line yet?
All I heard is it's about a bunch of young millennials trying to survive in a hostile environment where no one helps them as they head towards a bleak future. Kind of like reality.

You realise Millennials are pushing 40 now though, right? This is space-Zoomers and they're even more f**ked than us.

SiL

"Young millennials" are 27 but yeah, we're not the whipping boys you're looking for any more.

[cancerblack]

I don't think anyone was doing any shitting on anyone, if you read to the end of his post. It's just the cast seems intended to be perceived as 20-25 which is firmly whatever the future equivalent of what zoomzooms are today and millennials were ten years ago.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Year0 on May 01, 2023, 03:36:34 PM

More like zoomers, here is a true millennial trying to survive a hostile environment...

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 01, 2023, 09:25:52 PMI don't think anyone was doing any shitting on anyone, if you read to the end of his post.
I know, I didn't think he was shitting on anyone. I just meant the young whippersnappers getting shit on by life aren't millennials any more. We're the disenfranchised middle aged people getting shit on by life.

littlesprout

Thank god they're going back to the advanced future setting but it's very simplistic. All this cgi has made new sci-fi movies just look ridiculous. If this is the case it's going to look beautiful and alien isolation like

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 27, 2023, 04:18:05 PMI'm honestly wondering if it isn't just a screen-shot from 'Alien Isolation', itself, with a random facehugger prop/toy added over. There's something weirdly low-res about some of the visual detailing.

Dude, I'm seeing the same thing.
The whole shot looks like it's from a video game.

SiL

Oh good, it's not just me thinking the set looks weirdly bland and sci fi TV movie-ish.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Year0 on May 01, 2023, 03:36:34 PMAll I heard is it's about a bunch of young millennials trying to survive in a hostile environment where no one helps them as they head towards a bleak future. Kind of like reality.

Worst of all, the bloody millenians are probably going to be on their bloody phones all the time.

Ingwar

Alien is retro sci-fi. No cell phones ;D

RidgeTop

Quote from: Ingwar on May 02, 2023, 07:38:09 PMAlien is retro sci-fi. No cell phones ;D

Microsoft Surface Pro 4s though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed