First image from the Alien movie set by Fede Álvarez

Started by Acid_Reign161, Apr 26, 2023, 04:46:49 PM

Author
First image from the Alien movie set by Fede Álvarez (Read 15,771 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Getting this image and the Hawley show concept art today within a few hours of one another, I'd say this all definitely seems to be selling the idea (for now, at least) that Romulus is going to be a much more classic/traditional take on the Alien universe, in contrast to the series is the one that looks like it's going to be putting a pretty radical spin on the tone and style of what one would expect from Alien.

Kailem

I suspect that's exactly what the case will be. "Don't like this one flavour of Alien? Well here's another right here!"

Cosmic Incubation

Not writing the series off entirely yet, but ngl each piece of concept art has me a little more nervous about it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 26, 2023, 07:42:11 PMAlways nice to see an Aliens-esque colony complex kinda location. Like others have said, the airlock could just be because the atmosphere on the planet is still pretty harsh, so I'm still kinda leaning towards colony rather than a space station or ship.

Yeah, the wide spacious corridors and the "reception" area also has me leaning toward either a colony or a large Sevastopol style space station now.

Spaceship corridors are usually pretty cramped and claustrophobic and they don't usually have a reception area.

Could still be a very large spaceship of course but I think a colony might be more likely here.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2023, 05:23:22 PMLove seeing Cobb's Semiotic Standard icons here.

My exact words... ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2023, 08:17:54 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Apr 26, 2023, 07:42:11 PMAlways nice to see an Aliens-esque colony complex kinda location. Like others have said, the airlock could just be because the atmosphere on the planet is still pretty harsh, so I'm still kinda leaning towards colony rather than a space station or ship.

Yeah, the wide spacious corridors and the "reception" area also has me leaning toward either a colony or a large Sevastopol style space station now.

Spaceship corridors are usually pretty cramped and claustrophobic and they don't usually have a reception area.

Could still be a very large spaceship of course but I think a colony might be more likely here.

Hmm, just a thought riffing on this, but yeah, maybe the entire active colony that we see in operation in the film is enclosed in this massive facility on the surface of a planet that is currently not viable for human life, and the actual terraforming of the atmosphere outside might be in progress rather than already complete as it was in Aliens...

Could make for a pretty exciting third act escape as the colony is exploding/caving in on itself/whatever and the survivor(s) has to suit up and make their way out onto the planet that's also actively trying to kill them.

Yeaok

Wow stunning and brave. Who would have thought a facehugger would appear in an alien film

Some Old Dude

I like the darker shade for the facehugger. Reminds me of the Alien 3 super hugger. The WY logo means we're hovering around 2179 which is cool.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2023, 05:27:18 PMYeah, so this is obviously aboard a ship. There is an airlock, a reception, a genetic lab and a cryo(?) lab.

Would you expect a reception area aboard a ship? That's something I would have thought be more for a facility, or a station.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2023, 08:17:54 PM

Haha. Fair enough! We're on the same wavelength now.  :laugh:

Cobb's standard was the first detail I noticed. Then I saw the save point and just geeked the hell out. Whether that was something Fede instructed be put in there, or something set dec snuck in, I just love its inclusion. That put a genuine huge smile on my face.

There's definitely a darker hue to the facehugger and I like it. Someone mentioned a Queen Hugger - I get the vibes in that darker look, but doesn't seem to be any webbing on the feet. Regardless, it looks cool. The set looks great too.

Xenomorphine

I'm honestly wondering if it isn't just a screen-shot from 'Alien Isolation', itself, with a random facehugger prop/toy added over. There's something weirdly low-res about some of the visual detailing.

BlueMarsalis79

It's not lmao, Jfc

bobby brown

Do you guys think the facehugger is an actual thing they use in the production? could just be some collectible from some crew member.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 27, 2023, 04:38:36 PMDo you guys think the facehugger is an actual thing they use in the production? could just be some collectible from some crew member.

It doesn't look like an elaborate prop that's really capable of any motion on its own right (no animatronics in the legs, tail, etc. as far as I can tell), so my best guess is that it's likely a stand in made by one of the effects houses to be used on set for reference (lighting, etc.) that will probably be replaced with a CGI rendition in the final film.

Could potentially be used in a "fixed" position (on someone's face), though.

Xenomorphine

Yeah, I think it's either a commercially available thing or maybe something for stunt purposes.

What's unusual about it is that darker colouration.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed