Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 243,453 times)

Highland

There's no excuse for teenagers romping about a Alien and Predator film in a department store.

Anybody here could have wrote that script, I bet some people here could have come up with an acceptable story that didn't delve into teen slasher flick. It's a shame because they actually handled the Predator/Wolf really well and the Predalien had some slight potential.

I liked their interaction with the fans on this board too, they seemed cool. They just didn't make a very good film.

CainsSon

Quote from: Gash on Jan 03, 2018, 06:42:05 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 03, 2018, 06:28:37 AM
Quote from: Gash on Jan 03, 2018, 05:25:05 AM
I got the impression the comments might be a veiled way of showing that he's aware that the young & faltering Blomkamp is trying to circumnavigate him again.

You guys read too much into things. Ridley doesn't have time nor the interest to keep tabs on Neill.

He may be commenting based on the initial interest in Blomkamp, and his general view on young directors wanting to find the shortest route to the top rather than build experience - and the advantage such naivety gives to the studio bosses, rather than any new concept art posts.

He had a hard enough time on ALIEN and Blade and after years of experience in art direction, adverts, live TV directing and a movie he still had to fight to get his vision seen. He values being able to know through experience the best way to avoid wasting money.

I say Ridley is saying this because he knows now that Disney has it, they are going to apply their STAR WARS formula and wont give him the same amount of control. And he is probably right. They wont let him have free-reign. The irony is that this is probably a good thing if Scott is willing to play ball with Disney, they will demand a certain level of entertainment value.

They will essentially approach the franchise as a Miniseries and use someone as a Creative Producer, and then either that will be Scott with him directing (like JJ and Star Wars), or they will offer Scott the chance to merge his ideas with the Creative Producer/s (think Kathleen Kennedy or The Duffer Bros) and then they will ask Scott to direct and he will turn it down. The only other possibility is that Disney will use Scott and someone like Duffer Bros to Creative Produce together and someone else on Gareth Edwards or Rian Johnson's level will direct through that type of set-up.

Still Collating...

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 03, 2018, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 03, 2018, 10:22:12 AM
Honestly, I think they just wanted to make an A/P movie and had to deal with the crappy story they had to use. That's the impression I got from chatting to Crom in the last podcast.

They did not help themselves with the nostalgia carpet-bombing they did throughout the movie. Having Brian Tyler basically lift the entire soundtrack of Aliens and Predator.

I mean yeah, the movie would have probably been better from a premise standpoint if they went with "Predator ship crashes in Afghanistan and special forces guys have to fight the aliens and predators." Because it would have at least lent a closer to feel to the spirit of the second AVP comic (Duel? War? I can't remember. The one with the marines on Ryushi.)

A good director can take a treacherous premise and make a good movie out of it. AVP:R had potential to be good. The problem is the Strause bros just wouldn't restrain themselves.

The problem with Prometheus and Covenant is fairly simple. You give Scott a coherent script, and he'll likely give you a coherent movie. Spaihts gave him a fairly coherent, albeit scattershot, script. Lidelof, not so much. To a degree you can blame this on the excised bits in editing, but not in totality.

Exactly, I believe that's the main problem now. He'll make a great movie if he gets a great script. I just worry how much does he influence the writing because that's not his strong side.
The thing that surprised me was that nothing too important was left out from the edit in Covenant (though it'd be nice to see Walter mention how it's dangerous that David hasn't been maintained for 10 years), unlike in Prometheus where the deleted scenes helped the movie IMO. So at least that's getting better now.
This time, a few ideas from the script just weren't filmed or used in Covenant that I believe would have been nice, like the idea of the storm being some type of planetary security, or the lesser needed ideas like Neo's stalking the crew through the forest, or even the short Xeno vs Neo fight, though that could've been cheesy... the best part of that idea would've just been to show the superiority of the Alien for people who asked the logical question: Spores? Then how is the Alien better with it's slower, less stealthy life-cycle? Then the answer would be: Alien is stronger than the Neo.  :laugh:

maron

maron

Unfortunately , from Ridley "AI" Scott we have to expect the opposite  ::)

The neomorph would own the xenomorph in order to ruin this creature once and for all.

God, I hope Disney give this lying man the boot.
It's gonna be about the beast my ass  ::)

Gash

Quote from: maron on Jan 05, 2018, 01:32:48 AM

The neomorph would own the xenomorph in order to ruin this creature once and for all.

Where did we see this? Oh we didn't. We've seen the beginnings of the perfect organism, an advancement. David working to recreate the perfect life form.

Brzrkr

Keep spewing that hate.

Disney just handed him the keys to Merlin.

Sir Ridley ain't going nowhere.

0321recon

Quote from: David 8 on Jan 05, 2018, 03:45:11 AM

Keep spewing that hate.

I wrote somewhere else this might be Disney negotiating with Scott. They've given him this Film first, just to see how he works them and if successful, they'll let him shoot Awakening.

I guess Cartel is off the cards and this will take over its place. Bummer.

asil

Keep spewing that hate.

Hope it's a darker one.

Alionic

Keep spewing that hate.

Oh wow. Nice.

Quote from: 0321recon on Jan 05, 2018, 06:48:10 AM

Keep spewing that hate.

I wrote somewhere else this might be Disney negotiating with Scott. They've given him this Film first, just to see how he works them and if successful, they'll let him shoot Awakening.

I guess Cartel is off the cards and this will take over its place. Bummer.

Sicario 2 already is coming out next year. Scott would be wise to just do the Merlin project instead.

maron

maron

Great  ::)

Have fun with another lame movie about androids which is labeled with the name Alien. Another mediocre film which will disappoint at the box office.
At least with Disney we might not have to wait another 4-8 years for a real Alien film.

I for one will boycot another Ridley movie and I know others will do the same. Even if this will be the last one.

Alionic

Quote from: maron on Jan 05, 2018, 08:56:10 AM
Great  ::)

Have fun with another lame movie about androids which is labeled with the name Alien. Another mediocre film which will disappoint at the box office.
At least with Disney we might not have to wait another 4-8 years for a real Alien film.

I for one will boycot another Ridley movie and I know others will do the same. Even if this will be the last one.

Watch out, the next Alien film will be cancelled if studio executives read this post.

maron

maron

So be it. Sometimes it's better to make a painful break than draw out the agony.

Cheerio.

Brzrkr

Want some fries with all that salt?

0321recon

OpenMaw

Quote from: David 8 on Jan 05, 2018, 12:32:48 PM
Want some fries with all that salt?

I'll take some fries, David. Just hold the black goo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed