Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,188 times)

Gash

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 02, 2018, 12:40:04 AM
If he has a contract it could be paid off without making the movie.  This has happened before.  A contract is no guarantee they'll make another one.

I reckon if we don't hear anything in the next few months then it's either delayed or cancelled.

Didn't hear much about the sequel to Prometheus for what? Two years? Disney's purchase will create new obstacles.

Alionic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2018, 12:42:50 AM
I reckon if we don't hear anything in the next few months then it's either delayed or cancelled.

It's been delayed since Covenant didn't perform as well as everyone expected and Fox had Scott off looking for a new direction to go with. However, with the whole Disney thing on the horizon I think it's unlikely we'll see another Alien film until after that's all done.

Unless Fox has commented about actively green-lighting new films? I know they said that anything already in production was safe but I'm not sure I've seen them comment on putting anything new out?

I'd rather Blomkamp's movie get made than to see a different director other than Scott finish the David storyline.

MnTd

Ridley Scott is totally out of touch when it comes to ALIEN.
The prequels were absolute garbage. I just saw "All The money in the World" and it was pretty good,
proving he still knows how to make a decent movie, it's just that it doesn't seem he cares about the
ALIEN universe. Covenant was so awful, the decision to go with cartoon CGI  Marvel type monsters instead
of really taking the time and building intricate, realistic monsters... The stupid ending. The lack of
understanding of how real A.I. works... (I'm so sick of this cartoon version of A.I. in film) It's just sad that he's
so arrogant, as if he can't tell how far away from what works he has fallen.
He doesn't care about exactly what made ALIEN great. He doesn't care about the ALIEN!
That's why the creatures in COVENANT were so sloppily thrown together without care, they didn't even
follow the traditional ALIEN life cycle and yea, I know, they're supposed to be earlier versions but how
do you give the earlier versions more power than the later ones? Makes no sense. And I don't believe he
can't tell how awful CGI looks when it attempts to make monsters, he's Ridley Scott. He has a good eye.
He just didn't care. He thought we'd be fooled because all the comic movies do it but he didn't understand
that we expect better from him and from the ALIEN universe. There's nothing worse than a director just
phoning it in and that's how I felt with COVENANT. With PROMETHEUS, I felt he was at least passionate
but it was just again a huge misunderstanding of what made ALIEN great and again, an attempt to distance
it's self from the exact thing we want - the ALIEN. Plus it was almost malicious, like an attempt to destroy
everything cool. Mystery of Space Jockey? Gone. It's just a big bald dude. Who made the alien?
A human created robot. Such terrible and stupid answers.

P-Rock

I hope Scott picks a dude as the protagonist now. Back in '79 it was daring to put a female in charge, but I'm pretty sick of it now. Shaw and Daniels were seriously annoying. Shaw preaching the whole time (I choose to believe!) and Daniels was sobbing most of the movie.

SM

:laugh:

Two scenes = "most of the movie".

Highland

Quote from: Alionic on Jan 02, 2018, 06:54:31 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2018, 12:42:50 AM

It's been delayed since Covenant didn't perform as well as everyone expected and Fox had Scott off looking for a new direction to go with. However, with the whole Disney thing on the horizon I think it's unlikely we'll see another Alien film until after that's all done.

Unless Fox has commented about actively green-lighting new films? I know they said that anything already in production was safe but I'm not sure I've seen them comment on putting anything new out?

I'd rather Blomkamp's movie get made than to see a different director other than Scott finish the David storyline.

I doubt that's an option. It's either Scott part three or total reboot. Either seems likely, but not in the next 2 years.

kwisatz

Quote from: P-Rock on Jan 02, 2018, 10:03:35 PM
I hope Scott picks a dude as the protagonist now. Back in '79 it was daring to put a female in charge, but I'm pretty sick of it now. Shaw and Daniels were seriously annoying. Shaw preaching the whole time (I choose to believe!) and Daniels was sobbing most of the movie.

I'm tired of the females like Kevin Spacey.

#MeToo

Gash

Quote from: MnTd on Jan 02, 2018, 07:29:11 PM
they didn't even follow the traditional ALIEN life cycle.

Which one? The Scott one from ALIEN, The Cameron one from Aliens, or the meld of both implied by Prometheus?

Brzrkr

I would like Ridley to finish up with his trilogy.

After watching C O V E N A N T again tonight with the commentary, he said John Logan has wrote the next movie.

N-Shifter

Quote from: David 8 on Jan 03, 2018, 01:06:34 AM

After watching C O V E N A N T again tonight with the commentary, he said John Logan has wrote the next movie.

He says all manner of things and then the next thing you know he says all manner of things that contradict everything he said before, Sir Riddles is either a massive troll or genuinely doesn't remember the answer to the question so just makes things up on the spot and I say this as a fan of his.

Brzrkr

Quote from: N-Shifter on Jan 03, 2018, 01:14:40 AM
Quote from: David 8 on Jan 03, 2018, 01:06:34 AM

He says all manner of things and then the next thing you know he says all manner of things that contradict everything he said before, Sir Riddles is either a massive troll or genuinely doesn't remember the answer to the question so just makes things up on the spot and I say this as a fan of his.

I enjoyed his commentary, regardless.

He's not one for sticking around though. As soon as the credits appeared he was off. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Jan 02, 2018, 11:53:20 PMI doubt that's an option. It's either Scott part three or total reboot. Either seems likely, but not in the next 2 years.

Don't see why they can't do both (I'm not saying they will).
It's Disney, they got the cash. Something similar to their Star Wars approach perhaps.
Both follow-ups to the originals, let's say Blomkamp's version, and spin-off/prequel stuff like Prometheus and Covenant.

"You know I'm a dreameeeer..."

Scorpio

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 03, 2018, 01:33:27 AM

Don't see why they can't do both

Of course they could.

But Ridley's need to come first.  For obvious reasons.

Blomkamp fans can wait a few more years.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 03, 2018, 02:30:14 AMOf course they could.

But Ridley's need to come first.  For obvious reasons.

Blomkamp fans can wait a few more years.

Of course.
I don't like unfinished stories, open endings and such.
And I'm more interested in Prometheus type stuff than Aliens anyway.

They could announce something like "This will be the last of the prequels but the first in a new series of Alien (themed) movies."
Oh, that would be so awesome.

Highland

D
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 03, 2018, 01:33:27 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 02, 2018, 11:53:20 PMI doubt that's an option. It's either Scott part three or total reboot. Either seems likely, but not in the next 2 years.

Don't see why they can't do both (I'm not saying they will).
It's Disney, they got the cash. Something similar to their Star Wars approach perhaps.
Both follow-ups to the originals, let's say Blomkamp's version, and spin-off/prequel stuff like Prometheus and Covenant.

"You know I'm a dreameeeer..."

I think it's a good thing Disney took over. Can't do any worse than Fox has done with them. I really doubt Covenant 2 is getting made though. I'm going to put my dollars down on a reboot. Ridley just gave the big two fingers up to Disney the other day anyway. Maybe he knows his movies going to get finished by some young dude.

I actually agree with what he said though. You should have to work your way up to these big budget movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed