(Japan 2019) Figma Alien Big Chap unboxed

Started by StayFrosty, Feb 04, 2019, 11:08:43 PM

Author
(Japan 2019) Figma Alien Big Chap unboxed (Read 3,583 times)

StayFrosty

While I sold nearly my entire alien figure collection a while back, I had to pick this one up. Possibly one of the most beautiful, finest,  and well-articulated figures I've ever owned. Arguably the best Big Chap ever made for sure. I honestly was expecting it to be good, but not THIS good.

Figure is built extremely durable. Dorsal fin was shaking around in the package, but I snapped it right back on there. I originally thought the tail was bendable. It's not - be careful. I tried bending it when I opened it, and it snapped.... .however, they put so much thought into this that it snapped right at an area where it's supposed to come off, turn, etc. So it too was able to snap right back in.

Comes with so much extra stuff, too. Figure has weight to it and feels very solid. Higher quality than Neca, looks better than the SH Figurarts and the other Japan one around the same height from quite a few years back. I've owned them all.

PS - sorry if my photos aren't too good.

The Old One

The Old One

He is gorgeous, I want him.

Gridseeker

WOW Looks gorgeous!  :o Could you post comparison pictures with the Neca or McFarlan alien, please? As long you have one, of course.

StayFrosty

Quote from: Gridseeker on Feb 05, 2019, 04:37:36 PM
WOW Looks gorgeous!  :o Could you post comparison pictures with the Neca or McFarlan alien, please? As long you have one, of course.

I no longer own those figures. Actually, the only alien figures I own currently are this one, and the 18" Neca one from three or so years ago.

However, I did create an edit for you of this which I made a ways back.

I still say Neca's does LOOK better. But for me the overall look, combined with quality, goes to Figma.

For me it goes (looks only):

1) Neca (New)
2) Figma
3) SH Monster Arts
4) Sci-Fi Revoltech
5) Neca (Old)
6) McFarlane

The Old One

The Old One

The new Neca Alien looks bloody awful, it's monotone and the fogged up ill fitting carapace looks terrible. The Figma version's far and away the most aesthetically appealing.

Voodoo Magic

I see a skull.

Xenomrph

I didn't realize the Figma Alien was out, I've got it on preorder.

Elmazalman

I still think the NECA reissue of the BIG CHAP looks the most screen-accurate.

The paint application could have been more detailed though.

SiL

NECA have never got the face right.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 05, 2019, 06:51:48 PM
I see a skull.

^

I wanted to say that, but I felt it was unnecessary.

Then I remembered you exist.

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2019, 11:40:36 PM
NECA have never got the face right.
None of the Alien figures I've seen have managed to get the face right. The (original) Alien is such a intricate design it's hard to accurately reproduce from all angles.

If it isn't the details, then it's the dimensions that are also off with the figures.

The Old One

The Old One

We have a winner!

The Kurgan

^ awesome.

Which one is that?

The Kurgan

Thanks.

That is a wonderful version of Big Chap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed