Aliens Colonial Marines Release Put Back

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 21, 2009, 01:04:00 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Release Put Back (Read 12,931 times)

Corporal Hicks

Now before this article from Screw Attack goes around causing any panic from the fanbase, I just wanna get the proper news out there. Sega PR has changed the release date from the 1st quarter to “to be announced”. It’s nothing to worry about and to be frank it should have been expected.

I think it’s for the best as this allows Gearbox more time to polish the game up and ensure we aren’t delivered an incomplete game. It also allows Sega more time to prepare for publicity. I am currently awaiting a comment from Sega regarding the move and we’ll see how it all plays out.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I'm all for them needing more time, but I want to play this game before I die if you know what I mean.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

I am okay with this. Art cannot be rushed.

Ash 937

Ash 937

This news is not surprising at all but for all my anticipation I'd rather get an "unpolished" game than no game at all.

nexus

nexus

As long as it stays a postponment not a cancellation....alls good

War Wager

War Wager

Not suprised at all. No biggy I guess, I just hope it isn't put off for too long...

Dingo

Dingo

I swear if this game gets cancelled I'm nuking Sega.

Cellien

Cellien

This is discouraging.  Even though I've read all this news, for some reason it really dialed in this time and I worry about the game's future.  Sega recently announced layoffs as well. :\  I still have a little hope.  TBH, this is a good freaking time for Sega to release some new info/media.  Renew the faith in the already very eager fanbase.

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

It has to be perfect .

konradski

konradski

one reason it may be withheld/date reset is due to vieing for a spot against all the other titles due for release. and if one gets released thats expected to be a large seller, for example gears of war 2 .companys will hold back as they know they will have a slow sell and be drowned out by all the whooo ha lots of seqauls out this year for big selling games of yore   what dosent help with this title is the no show of PROMOTIONAL material  mainly company compiled material

predalien-hybrid

As long as it comes out by the summer I'm fine with any release date.....lets just hope this will be better than the crapy movies Fox has shown us since oh I don't know......1992!    ::)  

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Good. No need to rush this.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Well at least Sega have more time to complete it but it is starting to sound alot like Doom 3 with the "it'll be done when it's done" cliche and alot of people are pissed off at that fact.  If only Sega stuck to an original release date and not wandered off that path.

dachande89

dachande89

I can wait. Having a good Alien game is worth it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I will punch sega in the nuts if they cancel this game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed