Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 81,276 times)

Bad Replicant

It's so good to see this chair again. :'(

KirklandSignature

looks fake/photoshopped.

Highland

is it me or does it look too small?

Its not fake.

Corporal Hicks

It's not fake. My guarantee.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2011, 07:35:17 PM

Doesn't make sense, why would the SJ chair be in this movie if it's not an Alien movie? I remember there was a picture of of the SJ released a while back and it was some kind of Aprils fool joke, why wouldnt this be a joke as well?

wmmvrrvrrmm

The Space Jockey and seat in the original film inspires me a lot. This thing, ahem, well... I suppose we'll have to see what is shown in in the actual film.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 09, 2011, 07:43:00 PM

Doesn't make sense, why would the SJ chair be in this movie if it's not an Alien movie? I remember there was a picture of of the SJ released a while back and it was some kind of Aprils fool joke, why wouldnt this be a joke as well?

It is an Alien movie. That much has been growing very obvious. Didn't you see the leaked trailer? You can clearly see the Jockey chair raising from a platform.

Biomechanoid20

Wow! My jaw is dropping!  :o
I still have a few questions though:

Is the SJ chair sculpted to actual size this time around as opposed to the one in ALIEN (they used kids in spacesuits to get a grander size)?

Will we actually see an SJ in Prometheus or only the chair (hints of DNA)?

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2011, 07:46:36 PM

It is an Alien movie. That much has been growing very obvious. Didn't you see the leaked trailer? You can clearly see the Jockey chair raising from a platform.

I'm trying to avoid any spoilers here. Judging from the responses, I take it there's alot of spoiler-esque material shown in the leak.

Pn2501

Leaked set photos aren't doing it anymore, Bring on the hd trailer.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 09, 2011, 07:53:14 PM

I'm trying to avoid any spoilers here. Judging from the responses, I take it there's alot of spoiler-esque material shown in the leak.

No more so than any usual trailer. It's just very obvious this is Alien.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: droideggs on Dec 09, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
Ripped from the Egyptian Book of the Dead  ;)

I like the way that one can see from the different versions of the Sokar Funerary Barge that in Giger's design, a definite understanding of the structure from the different representations can be seen

Engineer1

Engineer1

Thanks for these great images.

On the side, it looks like retractables armor plates ala stargate helmets if you see what i mean.
Might be the chair in sleep mode, could be the Engineer's cryo/hypersleep rack.
Or maybe it's just empty.

The other thing i can clearly see in this images is that Giger's designs has been muted into something more slick, more mechanical than bio.More simple even...

Corporal Hicks

Retractable armour plating could be cool. It was one of my favourite things about the movie.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2011, 08:00:20 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 09, 2011, 07:53:14 PM

No more so than any usual trailer. It's just very obvious this is Alien.

Has there been any solid proof that this is in fact an ALIEN movie? Last time I checked, I thought Ridley was beating around the bush by not confirming this, saying only "strands of DNA" from Alien would be in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed