The Predator Home Releases

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 12, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Author
The Predator Home Releases (Read 68,984 times)

Stitch

Stitch

No listings for Blu Ray 3D yet :s

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Don't have a Blu-Ray player and DVD is redundant so I will download this.......via SKY-TV store ofc. ::)

Actually would be interesting to see if Cable set-box downloads see an end to home media sales.

The Old One

The Old One

f**k, I hope not.

Steelbooks, 4K and special features for life.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah, even with the rise of digital I think it's going to be a long, long time before you seen physical media phased out for movies. People like to build libraries and have that sense of ownership.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 08, 2018, 05:43:57 PM
Yeah, even with the rise of digital I think it's going to be a long, long time before you seen physical media phased out for movies. People like to build libraries and have that sense of ownership.

Nothing beats a physical copy. Guaranteed picture quality, plays with no internet, doesn't have to be downloaded, can't be dropped by a streaming service, ect. It's right there when you need it, all day long.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Damn... Was hoping for a boxset that included AVP and AVPR as I'm yet to own them on blu ray.

The Old One

The Old One

Purchase them separately, they won't ever be in a new boxset with the other films.

Keyes

Keyes

Extras according to a member of Blu-ray.com who has access to early home release details:

Special Features:

• Deleted Scenes (6:45 minutes)

• Little Black (10:22 minutes)

• Evolution of the Predator (20:05 minutes)

• Hunting the Predator (9 minutes)

• Gallery

• Trailers

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

^ Hmm. Was hoping for some sort of director's cut.  At least we have some deleted scenes. I wonder if they are ancillary to the original emissary Predator cut.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Keyes on Oct 23, 2018, 07:43:11 PM
Extras according to a member of Blu-ray.com who has access to early home release details:

Special Features:

• Little Black (10:22 minutes)

• Evolution of the Predator (20:05 minutes)

• Hunting the Predator (9 minutes)

• Gallery

• Trailers

I don't see any gag reel...oh wait, that's the movie.  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Be nice...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 23, 2018, 08:03:03 PM
^ Hmm. Was hoping for some sort of director's cut.  At least we have some deleted scenes. I wonder if they are ancillary to the original emissary Predator cut.

I honestly never expect to see any sort of extensive restored cut.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Keyes on Oct 23, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Considering the final 3rd act of the movie was reshot (and key scenes missing) I was expecting 30-40 minutes.

6.45 wouldn't cover deleted scenes from the original cut.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 24, 2018, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 23, 2018, 08:03:03 PM

I honestly never expect to see any sort of extensive restored cut.

Yeah exactly. The effects weren't even finished a point raised by LittleJimmy who said THE PREDATOR was a "death by focus group/don't judge a film's final cut based on a work-in-progress work-print".

Despite cringing at the sight of emissary predators atop of an APC, in an ill-advised predator/human team-up (Lex and Scar got a bad rap despite us at AVP-GALAXY knowing why this was allowed) I still have a morbid curiosity of what Shane Black's original crazy vision was like.

Being an effects heavy movie I too doubt they'll spend any cash finishing and re-editing the scenes back in due to budget costs. Not to mention 20th Century Fox didn't even allow an AVP-R colour correction Blu-Ray.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah when I hoped for a director's cut, I never expected the original emissary Predator cut (even though I'd love to see it, even unfinished).  However, I did hope for a few inserted scenes director's cut to boost the narrative.

---

As expected, the first glimpse of the all 4 movie collection:

Keyes

Keyes

I wasn't expecting a director's cut, there was too much tinkering right up to the last minute for it to have been re-assessed for that.

I will be delighted if the Emissary Predators footage is part of the deleted scenes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were instead more character moments and extended scenes. As for the original 3rd act in daylight, I'm sure way too much of it is absent of the Upgrade Predator CGI to be worthwhile for inclusion.

I wonder how Shane Black's first cut would have played for better or worse. He sounded quite beat up by the end of the process.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed