Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,820 times)

SiL

I got a crusher, Elder predator and egg cluster lines up just to tip me over the 55 pounds limit for Dutch and Linn :D

Kailem

Well, hopefully that all went through, because the second I clicked "confirm my order" I got 503'd. :P Still seem to have it listed in my order history though and my cart is empty, so prooooooobably not going to try clicking on it again just yet.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kailem

Kailem

Did you get a confirmation email when you placed your order? I haven't gotten one yet, though as I say the order is there in my history, and Paypal says the money went through. I'd rather not wait until the end of the week for some sort of shipping confirmation only to find out it was borked at a point where it was too late to do anything about it.

EDIT: Looking at the comments on their most recent Facebook post it seems as though other people are having the same issue.

Huzzah, payment confirmation email hath arrived! That's one less thing to worry about at least.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 01, 2019, 02:18:38 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I guess that's all you need if you've been into this game for years now. Me on the other hand.... :laugh:

And that's on top of the base game I ordered from Amazon.

I'm also seriously considering making another order for some eggs, a royal guard, a Praetorian, evolved warriors and a Crusher. Help me!

razeak

razeak

Looks like 395 GBP by the end of the week lol.

I really hope another company makes miniatures someday. Ive really enjoyed painting the xenos.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 01, 2019, 02:28:56 PM

I guess that's all you need if you've been into this game for years now. Me on the other hand.... :laugh:

I mean, it's sixty Warriors plus a few odds and ends. I already have sixty but I really prefer this sculpt, which wasn't available outside events til now. So I'm just going to replace the lil bastards.

*Edit*

Actually ended up scrapping the other stuff and going for 75 Alt Warriors.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't get the love for the alternate Warriors. Getting ACM flashbacks from them.  :-\

My order -

Not so massive. Needed another Queen which I forgot last time, turned out I didn't have a unicast PredAlien and promos I wanted!  ;D

SiL

I'd love the roadbumps, but can't justify the price for them. They'd make great corpse markers for Predator trophy tokens.

Kailem

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 01, 2019, 11:19:13 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Jul 01, 2019, 02:28:56 PM

I mean, it's sixty Warriors plus a few odds and ends. I already have sixty but I really prefer this sculpt, which wasn't available outside events til now. So I'm just going to replace the lil bastards.

*Edit*

Actually ended up scrapping the other stuff and going for 75 Alt Warriors.

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the quantity next to them! :laugh:

Is there any particular in-game reason to have so many, or do you just like the figures in and of themselves? Like, I remember reading somewhere that if facehuggers attack Predator hounds they create stalkers, but since there are only, what, 5 in the base game, could I find myself in a position where I didn't have any more models for that particular scenario unless I bought more?

Needless to say I'd rather not find out I've screwed myself in some way by the time this sale is over and I can't get any more.

razeak

the alternate warriors do appear to pose in an odd manner. It is like the halfway point in the ACM animation. The spitter and crusher models are awesome though.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2019, 07:48:07 AM
I don't get the love for the alternate Warriors. Getting ACM flashbacks from them.  :-\

Quote from: razeak on Jul 02, 2019, 12:16:34 PM
the alternate warriors do appear to pose in an odd manner. It is like the halfway point in the ACM animation. The spitter and crusher models are awesome though.

No one understands the lonely perfection of my dreams.

Seriously, check back in a few months, you'll be surprised what can be done with the raw ingredients.

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 02, 2019, 11:20:08 AM
Is there any particular in-game reason to have so many, or do you just like the figures in and of themselves? Like, I remember reading somewhere that if facehuggers attack Predator hounds they create stalkers, but since there are only, what, 5 in the base game, could I find myself in a position where I didn't have any more models for that particular scenario unless I bought more?

Needless to say I'd rather not find out I've screwed myself in some way by the time this sale is over and I can't get any more.

They're not for The Hunt Begins at all, so don't worry. I did get an extra base game to counter the Spawning issue and bulk my numbers though. The models that can be spawned are Infant Warriors, Stalkers, Warriors and the Predalien, so hypothetically you may want extras of those, but it's worth mentioning that you'll very frequently not be using all your models in one game to begin with.

Additionally, IIRC you can only have half as many Facehuggers as you have Infant Warriors in a given list; this means you'll be limited to a total of 5 unless you get more Infants anyway. 5 Huggers are unlikely to cause so many casualties (which then have a 50/50 chance of spawning the relevant model) that it's ever a serious issue.
Personally, I'd only worry about an extra Predalien just in case, the rest you shouldn't need to worry about.

razeak

oh i like the alternate warriors okay. I think 1 or 2 of them look very creepy as is.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: [cancerblackThey're not for The Hunt Begins at all, so don't worry. I did get an extra base game to counter the Spawning issue and bulk my numbers though. The models that can be spawned are Infant Warriors, Stalkers, Warriors and the Predalien, so hypothetically you may want extras of those, but it's worth mentioning that you'll very frequently not be using all your models in one game to begin with.

Additionally, IIRC you can only have half as many Facehuggers as you have Infant Warriors in a given list; this means you'll be limited to a total of 5 unless you get more Infants anyway. 5 Huggers are unlikely to cause so many casualties (which then have a 50/50 chance of spawning the relevant model) that it's ever a serious issue.
Personally, I'd only worry about an extra Predalien just in case, the rest you shouldn't need to worry about.

Thanks, I might add another Predalien to any potential future orders I make before the sale ends then. Probably better to have too many of certain figures than not enough.

Or I'll just go nuts again and order more of all of them, either way. :laugh:

Also my copy of the base game arrived earlier today, so at least now I can spend this time before all the other models arrive getting to grips with the rules and playing some games with the regular version. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Jul 02, 2019, 05:53:57 PM
oh i like the alternate warriors okay. I think 1 or 2 of them look very creepy as is.

I'm planning on chopping/bending nearly all of them to various degrees. It's just the only source of Giger-Winston bodies that aren't unicast.

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 02, 2019, 06:41:46 PM
Quote from: [cancerblackThey're not for The Hunt Begins at all, so don't worry. I did get an extra base game to counter the Spawning issue and bulk my numbers though. The models that can be spawned are Infant Warriors, Stalkers, Warriors and the Predalien, so hypothetically you may want extras of those, but it's worth mentioning that you'll very frequently not be using all your models in one game to begin with.

Thanks, I might add another Predalien to any potential future orders I make before the sale ends then. Probably better to have too many of certain figures than not enough.

Or I'll just go nuts again and order more of all of them, either way. :laugh:

Also my copy of the base game arrived earlier today, so at least now I can spend this time before all the other models arrive getting to grips with the rules and playing some games with the regular version. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

If you do make another order, make sure to grab some Evolved Warriors too, they're very nice models and the cheapest (in points) HQ unit for the Alien faction. Would recommend more Sentry Guns too, as you can take up to 3 per Marine squad in your force, and if you ever, say, ended up with more Marines, or playing a defensive custom mission, you'll be glad of the extra pair.

Kailem

Thanks, I'll put those on the list too. I feel like I'm probably going to end up one at least one of everything on the Alien side purely because as I said earlier, this really is a "now or never" situation. I was looking at the list thinking "well, I kinda want a Praetorian too.....and then obviously a Royal Guard to go with it.....and those Evolved seem nice.....and some eggs......and I might as well get  Crusher too." So I'll probably make another order of stuff I haven't yet ordered and then another one of extras. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed