What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 150,717 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

While we're on a side subject of joining AVP Galaxy, despite being a fan of Alien since 93 I joined in mid to late 2000s under a different name which I didnt like so I switched to this one. It was hyperdine droid or something like that. AVPR dimmed my interest but rewatching the first AVP 2 years later for the first time since seeing it in theater resparked my interest again and I joined this town to talk to fellow fans

TheGreenSolution

TheGreenSolution

I like Alien because it does not show much of the alien. Alot is left to the imagination.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's a funny thing to be a fan of something for that reason when you view it so many times you basically have it all memorized.

razeak

razeak

It's an appreciation of the method. Obviously the effect is drastically less, but it was still masterful the first time.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Fair view..

TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne

Wow this thread makes me think back to when I first saw both.

My first time seeing predator was back when I was about 7 or 8 and something about it just stuck with me and been a fan ever since.

As for Alien I was in 4th grade and our assignment was to make a poster board presentation about something that peaked our curiosity. So I thought I would do one on one of the big questions "are we alone" or basically do aliens exist. So i checked out a book from the library and one of the chapters was "aliens in cinema" and that's when i saw my first still of Alien. After that I made it a mission to rent and watch all 4 and the rest is history.

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

Being friends with @BlueMarsalis79 means I dont really get a choice in being a fan lmfao. (The good news is it worked out because now Alien³ is genuinely one of my favorite movies.)

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

The first time I ever saw Predator, I was maybe 8 or 9 and we had just gotten satellite tv. I was flipping through the channels and my Dad saw Predator and said "Oh Predator. go to that. you'll love it." So I turned to that channel and it was the moment when the Pred takes his mask off and roars at Dutch. Terrified me then, but we came back to that channel because it had a repeat showing, and my Dad and I watched it through from the beginning. He was explaining to me the action and how smart Dutch is at the end. A couple of years later I saw Alien and Aliens at a friends house. I don't think I've loved a movie more than when I first saw Aliens. Been a fan ever since.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I actually saw "Predator 2" before "Predator". I think I was 11 or 12, at an age when I started to develop interest in movies heavy in gore and violence but one that I wasn't strictly allowed to see..."officially". I saw Pred 2 on some evening "weekend movie" special on a long forgotten TV channel. I was blown away by the concept of an alien hunter coming to Earth to collect human trophies with advanced weapons. After that I just had to watch the first Predator.

As for "Alien"... I think I was 13 when I first saw it. On a rental VHS tape from the now defunct Blockbuster. The chest burster scene had me jumping out of my seat. Few movies can do that to me but Alien did. And Aliens was such a cool sci-fi action movie. Alien 3 and 4 I had more hazy memory on when I first watched those, as to be honest, I wasn't very impressed with either of those sequels.

ralfy

ralfy

Alien can't show much of the creature because its genre is horror. But with the creature revealed, any sequels can no longer use horror, so the second one used action.

DMmoon

DMmoon

ALIEN ODYSSEY EP-01/12 ( The birth of a queen ) HD ENGLISH ENG 👍🔔

ALIEN ODISEA CAP-01/12 ( El nacimiento de una reina ) HD ESPAÑOL SP 👍🔔

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64482.0

Ar-Durinn

Ar-Durinn

When Scars stare at Lex.

Bishop David Ash

Bishop David Ash

The symbolism and undertones of the original film. A giant metaphor for rape. Phallic images everywhere.

The symbolism and undertones of the original film. A giant metaphor for rape. Phallic images everywhere.

xenotaris

xenotaris

My earliest memory was seeing some ALIEN kenner toys from my neighbor I didn't know it was part of the alien series at the time when I was 4 or 5. I watched the first Predator movie roughly around that time.

Then I watched spaceballs which was my first time seeing a chestburster. Then my aunt wanted to show me where that scene originated from and that's how I got into ALIEN. I was at least 6 when I saw ALIEN and ALIENS, I remembered I cried myself to sleep I was so terrified and my aunt then refused to show us ALIEN 3 after that. Then I saw Predator 2 a year later from a baby sitter.

Didn't get back into the Alien and Predator series until I became a preteen. which was around the early 2000s. Watched Alien 3 on TV, loved it at the time (before I rediscovered all three alien movies on a recordable VHS tape from my aunt. Now I am pissed that Hicks and Newt were killed in Alien 3 along with Ripley). Then I rented Alien Resurrection from Blockbuster. My middle brother then introduced me to AVP2 and I become a devoted Alien/Predator fan ever since.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: xenotaris on May 17, 2023, 02:01:20 AMWatched Alien 3 on TV, loved it at the time (before I rediscovered all three alien movies on a recordable VHS tape from my aunt. Now I am pissed that Hicks and Newt were killed in Alien 3 along with Ripley).

I think you had it right the first time tbh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed