Star Beast: Alien Grindhoused - a fanedit

Started by Gieferg, Jan 31, 2022, 07:46:48 AM

Author
Star Beast: Alien Grindhoused - a fanedit (Read 9,715 times)

Kradan

Kradan

How would you do that though ? I guess through some clunky editing. Like when Alien is about to headbite Ripley right before she screams you can cut to the shot of Brett's/Parker's being headbited to make an impression of BC killing her. And then you can put audio of Ripley's final message on top of some footage of Alien, Idk, maybe when it's sitting still squeezed in between tubes ?

Gieferg

Gieferg

Yeah, I've been thinking about including this ending - I have some  ideas how to do it.

QuoteThere's an updated version.

With messed up fps. Can't use that.

rijir

rijir

Deep Purple is my all time favorite band so that track is perfect.  Will it be included in the edit itself?

Gieferg

Gieferg

Yes. Opening credits will be almost the same as presented here (just some little tweaks for grindhouse filters may occur).

Also, I've just made that suggested alternate ending (some custom-made shots included).It won't be perfect, but I did my best ;)

Kradan

Kradan

Oooh, can't wait !

Gieferg

Gieferg

There's still a room for further improvement, so I'll take my time and think it over.

That Alien theme you've proposed landed at the end titles (at least as for now), but it's still possible (and very likely) it will be used somewhere else too.

Kradan

Kradan

I think it'll fit great for the ending credits

Or if you decided to keep that scene maybe that'll be what Dallas is lstening while sitting all alone in Narcissus ?  ;) :D

Gieferg

Gieferg

That particular scene is hard to do, because it has music in central channel along with dialogue. I don't know if I'll be able to re-score it.
Lucky for me, approximately 80-90% of the movie doesn't have that problem.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, it's your edit. Do what you think is best for it. It's not like I'll suddenly lose all interest if you decide to not put it there

rijir

rijir

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 08, 2022, 11:46:59 PM
That particular scene is hard to do, because it has music in central channel along with dialogue. I don't know if I'll be able to re-score it.
Lucky for me, approximately 80-90% of the movie doesn't have that problem.

One of the DVD releases includes the production audio minus the music as an extra audio track.

SiL

SiL

20th anniversary edition.

Gieferg

Gieferg

This comparison ---> https://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=6 lists only:
- Audio commentary by director Ridley Scott,
- Isolated music score,
- Alternate music score (i've found info about "Alternate music and production sound" but it still says "music" ).

I've never before heard about the track without music (on this or any other movie for that matter), but it would be very helpful, so if there's any evidence that it really exists...

SiL

SiL

It features alternate music, not no music, but from memory there's less throughout the film. I don't recall if the Dallas scene features just production audio, or an alternate track.

Would be worth your time to find it if you can. Ripley talking to Ash about MUTHUR is an entirely different conversation in that version than the finished film for example, so could give you some interesting options.

Gieferg

Gieferg

I've bought that DVD and it turns out that Dallas scene has exactly what I need - dialogue and no music :) Now the captain can listen to anything I choose.

rijir

rijir

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 10, 2022, 01:09:12 PM
I've bought that DVD and it turns out that Dallas scene has exactly what I need - dialogue and no music :) Now the captain can listen to anything I choose.

How about Deep Purple Child in Time ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed