Aliens eat metals

Started by Drix, Sep 24, 2021, 04:59:55 PM

Author
Aliens eat metals (Read 4,206 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 26, 2021, 05:48:43 AM
Thank goodness AVPR showed us the real deal.

Poor buggers must have a small esophagus.

Good ol AVP:R saves the day, again!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 26, 2021, 04:16:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 25, 2021, 06:08:40 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/Aliens-RPG-Core-Rulebook.pdf

Page 97.
It's page 87, not 97.

It's page 97 of the PDF.

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 26, 2021, 12:36:40 AM
Yeh, but the Alien in Alien 3 was clearly munching on one of them prisoners. But i do think it's cool concept for it to eat and survive.

Just because it can eat people doesn't mean it has to in order to grow and survive.  Maybe the aliens just like how we taste when our corpses are still warm.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

From my very WIP AvP tabletop ruleset, under Behavioral Adaptations:

Intimidation Imperative
This Alien shows an uncanny, if crude understanding of the psychology of its prey. It will go out of its way to take down targets in spectacularly bloody displays of speed and aggression in full view their comrades, or brutalize the carcasses of isolated kills to further sap morale upon their discovery.

Just my thoughts on it really.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Makes sense to me.

SiL

I can see them mauling things as a tactic.

[cancerblack]

I'm still f**king about with how it should actually effect enemies, but between that and a few "biomorphs" like Digitigrade Ambulation it's pretty easy to make a not-Dragon, with similar things to emulate Big Chaps etc.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 26, 2021, 06:24:37 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 26, 2021, 04:16:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 25, 2021, 06:08:40 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/Aliens-RPG-Core-Rulebook.pdf

Page 97.
It's page 87, not 97.

It's page 97 of the PDF.
Page 87 describes the Alien's diet. Page 97 is about Colonial Marines' armour and camera gear.

Here's page 87:

Spoiler
[close]

SiL

SiL

Page 97 of the PDF is page 90 of the book which describes Alien metabolism. That's what LT is saying.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Okay, thanks. I'll read the page.

AllHailTheMagicConch

AllHailTheMagicConch

I don't know why this is such a hot debate in the fanbase.  Alien's original script had the chestburster raiding the pantry for food, Alien 3 had the Runner eating people, and in Resurrection Ripley 8 confirmed that the drones would come to "Where the meat is."  The original AVP games had you regain health from headbiting and AVP 2010 had moments where drones would eat people.  As far as I'm concerned, that's good enough. 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: AllHailTheMagicConch on Oct 01, 2021, 08:35:37 PM
Resurrection Ripley 8 confirmed that the drones would come to "Where the meat is."

It's pretty obvious she was being colourful and meant hosts.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Can they have cannibal habits?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What would be the point? Even the old RPG that goes into the dirt eating says they don't need anything other than electricity after initial growth. And the argument they don't eat at all makes it double pointless.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I was thinking in a character study actually, in wich an individual of the Linguafoeda acheronsis species suffers from a pathology called Xenomorphphagy, after the creature witnessed its beloved brother being murdered and cannibalized by a group of wariors from an enemy hive, one of whom forced the poor dude to eat from its brother body.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

So just Hannibal Rising (the worst one) but with Aliens?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed