Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective Alien figure

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 13, 2021, 08:05:42 AM

Author
Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective Alien figure (Read 14,222 times)

SiL

I mean yeah. Neca figures are around the $50-$80 mark here as a benchmark.

426Buddy

Yikes you weren't kidding :o

I can usually get Neca for $25-$30 here.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but they're shit. I'd rather pay double. For something that's good. That goes for most things honestly.

426Buddy

Yeah but your standards are way way higher than mine. I'm perfectly happy with my Neca figures and they cost me 4x less than this.

Also the head/dome on this looks all kinds of wrong anyway and at $100 this thing should be perfect.

BlueMarsalis79

You're right about that, happy with my MAFEX, even it is fragile.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

If the quality control is there, with that amount of detail and accessories, around $100 is pretty reasonable I think. I mean compare that to a Hot Toys or Sideshow statue. In my experience the 7" scale $25 figures are usually quite prone to QC issues.

This looks like a decent Alien to me, but I still think the most accurate Big Chap figure is the Mafex one: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/79247?gclid=Cj0KCQjws4aKBhDPARIsAIWH0JUGvmGM4NAjJLXE3BEtwRezvPHq3DbhglOtrV7M1C7NBypO99uwk0AaAmWpEALw_wcB

Though if you don't care about articulation, it's the Kotobukiya one: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/29243

The latter is difficult to find for MSRP these days.

426Buddy

Kotobukiya is my favorite, still kicking myself for not buying it when it was released.

Elmazalman

Pass.

I'm content with my 22-inch 2015 reissue NECA Big Chap. I'm still waiting for the perfect sculpt and paint detailing.

I don't think it'll ever happen. The "Big Chap" design is simply too intricate for anyone to completely nail from all angles.

Every ALIEN figure release has been lacking in one way or another.

Kane's other son

Don't forget that it's a movie design. It was never supposed to look good from all angles.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kane's other son on Sep 16, 2021, 06:04:11 PM
Don't forget that it's a movie design. It was never supposed to look good from all angles.
This is actually a really salient point I'd never really considered.

RidgeTop

Mezco has another version coming based on the earlier white semi-translucent design.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/190453

BlueMarsalis79

He's beautiful

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully they do more.

bobcunk

Quote from: SiL on Sep 15, 2021, 11:43:57 AM
I mean yeah. Neca figures are around the $50-$80 mark here as a benchmark.
there usually 30 to 50 around here but besides comicbook stores not not slot of places sell neca, iv presently seen big chap and the alien warrior at a few walmarts I think it s under $30.

BlueMarsalis79

Anyone get this thing as yet? The Designer Series version just started shipping out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed