Interview with Young "Shaw"

Started by ikarop, May 17, 2012, 01:20:25 PM

Author
Interview with Young "Shaw" (Read 15,084 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

The TWIST could be...Shaw is the android, and her quest for the origins of life, the creator of life comes from some inherent programming. She may have memories of being a young girl and she dreams of said memories, but they aren't real, they're some one else's memories.

An android heroine...that has so much potential.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Kronik on May 17, 2012, 02:08:44 PM
Quote from: ucdom on May 17, 2012, 01:35:48 PM

You think she might travel through a wormhole and meet a hologram of her dad on a beach? Wasn't that in one of those bogus scripts... :-\

Ever seen "Contact" with Jodie Foster (1997!!!). That's exactly what happens.

@zuzuki - We're on the same level ;)

I think my irony is wasted...

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

I'm not convinced that R. Scott would pull ye olde hidden android trick again.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 17, 2012, 03:16:02 PM
I'm not convinced that R. Scott would pull ye olde hidden android trick again.

But the writer(s) might, even though it's going to be the one thing the audience is almost expecting to see.

ThisBethesdaSea

I don't think the twist is the android idea...but some one we believe is absolutely the most human (Shaw?) discovering that they are not human. It's like the real boy discovering he's actually a Pinocchio. That's some heavy shit full of philosophical implications.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 17, 2012, 03:13:36 PM
The TWIST could be...Shaw is the android, and her quest for the origins of life, the creator of life comes from some inherent programming. She may have memories of being a young girl and she dreams of said memories, but they aren't real, they're some one else's memories.

...uh, if Shaw's an android, how the hell does she become infected and give birth via C-section to squid baby?

You peeplz is gettin' crazy :P

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Cvalda on May 17, 2012, 04:08:57 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 17, 2012, 03:13:36 PM

...uh, if Shaw's an android, how the hell does she become infected and give birth via C-section to squid baby?

You peeplz is gettin' crazy :P

Getting??

Too late   ::)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Twists for the sake of twists are lame (as for example, The Usual Suspects once proved), there is so much more to the movie-making than just twists and endings.

ThisBethesdaSea

If Shaw is an advanced model she might be capable of all kinds of things....the gestation of human embryos, who knows...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A model that advanced 230-something years before Call.

Alllllright.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

If there's a line as bad as 'they mostly come at night.... mostly' I will suffocate myself in a box of popcorn

Predaker

Predaker

If she worked on set with Fassbender, maybe its because they were filming different scenes on the same day...

Or maybe Shaw has a dream of David8 with her as a child in the dream.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

She's adorable! Good likeness to Rapace, too.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Ruzena on May 17, 2012, 02:06:11 PM
Didn't all the androids in Blade runner lose their parents at young age and were implemented with fake memories and given old photos?

Just question.
Rachel mainly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed