New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 95,174 times)

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:39:14 AM
Not comparable IMO. The new look of the Derelict and the human tech is a design choice, the new 'Jockey' is a contradiction of what the original implied - to me that being a giant alien, suit or no.
The blue giant is, well, giant. He towers over Kate Dickie before he gets to her in the IMAX trailer. It's not an alien anymore, and if you still believe it is, you're going to be seriously let down come June.

NGR01

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 19, 2012, 12:23:11 AM
What's all of this 'I'm betting blue guy isn't the jockey?' business? He starts the ship up and it looks like that's him being armored up while in the chair. NOTHING proves that he isn't the jockey. I would bet good money that he IS the Jockey. End of story. Why so much dialogue otherwise? Where is the evidence pointing to it being something else? ;) :) :) hehe

Dont get it either.
It's right in our faces.
WE get it because we know all about this universe, and we think that Ridley would not spoil the beans.
BUT we are not the main target, the average moviegoers is and he has no f**king clue who is that guy, or whats going on. I think you're gonna be in a world of hurt if you start imagining stuff that could make the humanoid Space jokeys ok (like another real space jockey race). The Engineers shown in the archeological artefact are humanoid giant.
Thats it! Now there will be subtle details about them either design wise or life cycle wise that will make them more than just "tall blue bald guys in suits".
This concept serves a purpose, a theme and works way much better than all the show off cgi overdone weird looking intelligent alien creatures i've seen for years.
They will look and interact with humans as real characters not as special effects.
Dunno... It works for me and i like the design.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 12:41:01 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:39:14 AM
Not comparable IMO. The new look of the Derelict and the human tech is a design choice, the new 'Jockey' is a contradiction of what the original implied - to me that being a giant alien, suit or no.
The blue giant is, well, giant. He towers over Kate Dickie before he gets to her in the IMAX trailer. It's not an alien anymore, and if you still believe it is, you're going to be seriously let down come June.

If so, we should all feel let down. IMO it's a cynical story arc that will seriously undermine the original film. And giant it ain't. I have an uncle that is nearly as tall. I am amazed at how readily Alien fans will accept such a crap-tastic idea.

I will hold this LINE! ;D

josh_axey

Someone get the password for the page already! :P
Very interested to know where this viral piece is going. Wondering if it is to do with investors, and the "Module B" that is coming soon on the Weyland Industries site.

Is there a 1080p copy of the IMAX trailer floating about that is still available?

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:47:17 AM
If so, we should all feel let down. IMO it's a cynical story arc that will seriously undermine the original film. And giant it ain't. I have an uncle that is nearly as tall. I am amazed at how readily Alien fans will accept such a crap-tastic idea.

You've got an uncle who's over ten feet tall?

I did feel let down at first, until I realized how stupid it would be for the Space Jockey to actually just be a giant alien, lumbering around. If properly executed, the Jockey mythology in Prometheus could be amazing--however long a shot that is.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 19, 2012, 12:28:04 AM
Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 19, 2012, 12:26:14 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 19, 2012, 12:23:11 AM
What's all of this 'I'm betting blue guy isn't the jockey?' business? He starts the ship up and it looks like that's him being armored up while in the chair. NOTHING proves that he isn't the jockey. I would bet good money that he IS the Jockey. End of story. Why so much dialogue otherwise? Where is the evidence pointing to it being something else? ;) :) :) hehe
Because of the mythological elements in the story. I'm pretty confident that the blue guy plays the part of 'Prometheus', having stolen fire (their tech) from Zeus (The SJ's) who then send an eagle (the slithering creature) to peck out his (the human's who brought him there) liver.

...Wait. So you think that the humans have the tall blue bald guy with them from the word go?
I think the humans steal their tech once they get there, which causes the guy look like that.

Also let's clear up this 'beginning of time' buisness. Just because it was called that doesn't mean the shot of the waterfalls and infected arm are literally happening at the beginning of time. Ridley probably meant that metaphorically, as in maybe it's taking place as that world is beginning to be terraformed by the SJ's.

On the ceiling of the ampule room I think I can see a mural depicting the semi-conjoined fingers of the Alien!

This has got to be part of the DNA mix of the Alien's distinctive '6 finger' design.

Is this the uber-giant Space Jockey 'hand of God'?!

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 12:51:37 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:47:17 AM

You've got an uncle who's over ten feet tall?

I did feel let down at first, until I realized how stupid it would be for the Space Jockey to actually just be a giant alien, lumbering around. If properly executed, the Jockey mythology in Prometheus could be amazing--however long a shot that is.

I meant that to humans 12 feet is certainly tall, but not Jockey tall. The guy who supposed plays this 'Jockey' could almost take it on in a fist fight (and lose, terribly). The original Jockey has 12 foot arms!

Anyway, the Jockey doesn't even need to be in the film at all IMO. The Engineers can be something else and be totally awesome. I just hope they are different things.

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 01:01:18 AM
I meant that to humans 12 feet is certainly tall, but not Jockey tall. The guy who supposed plays this 'Jockey' could almost take it on in a fist fight (and lose, terribly). The original Jockey has 12 foot arms!
You do realize the size of the Jockey in the original was wildly inconsistent, right? In its intro shot, it's huge because the astronauts were played by kids. Then, when it switches back to the original actors, the Jockey decreases almost by half in size. Scott has tons of leeway to work with in terms of the Jockey size. It just needs to be suitably "big."

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 01:11:50 AM
You do realize the size of the Jockey in the original was wildly inconsistent, right? In its intro shot, it's huge because the astronauts were played by kids. Then, when it switches back to the original actors, the Jockey decreases almost by half in size. Scott has tons of leeway to work with in terms of the Jockey size. It just needs to be suitably "big."

I agree the size can be tweaked but it's too much IMO. 24+ feet to 12 feet is a massive cut. The arms of the Jockey sculpture where nearly twice as long as an adult human is tall.

Bah, maybe its a baby Jockey. That's not as dumb as it sounds. I'm going with that. ;D

Tangakkai

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 01:18:01 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 01:11:50 AM

I agree the size can be tweaked but it's too much IMO. 24+ feet to 12 feet is a massive cut. The arms of the Jockey sculpture where nearly twice as long as an adult human is tall.

Bah, maybe its a baby Jockey. That's not as dumb as it sounds. I'm going with that. ;D

I am with Cvalda on this one...

Ridley never thought he'd be making a prequel while he was making the first alien movie, so he just played around with the jockey size.

Now that he's basing a whole new franchise on that jockey, he is confronted with inconsitency in many ways.

If the size of the jockey is already a problem for you, because it doesn't go with what you know from the alien franchise, then brace yourself... I'm sure this movie will have to walk across some more things that the original series built up.

The astronauts suit may be a far stretch from what we saw in the alien movie, but it still looks like the Frickin jockey so I'm happy.

I asked for something new and Ridley is delivering, so I really can't complain at this point. The only thing that would kill me, is bad CGI and practical effects on the jockey. The one second segment of the seatbelts coming off the jockey really made me cringe since it looked so damn fake...

Spoiler
... and I'm still curious if we'll "only" have the jockey as the main antagonist or if there will be mutants. Not so pleased if the second thing would be the case...
[close]

ThisBethesdaSea

I actually LOVE the editing and the music cues for the IMAX trailer. It's like it's been cut to the rhythm of a heart beat. It's beautiful.

Does anyone know where I can find a 1080p downloadable version of the IMAX Trailer?

josh_axey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 21, 2012, 05:20:33 PM
I actually LOVE the editing and the music cues for the IMAX trailer. It's like it's been cut to the rhythm of a heart beat. It's beautiful.

Does anyone know where I can find a 1080p downloadable version of the IMAX Trailer?

I don't think there is on online :\
I asked before and have searched around to no avail.

Cvalda

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 21, 2012, 10:23:38 PM
I don't think there is on online :\
I asked before and have searched around to no avail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm4zYq8DW5o#ws

This alleges to be 720, and it does look a bit higher in resolution...
I can't wait for the 1080 of this to be released. Despite the wretched dubstep music and editing, this is easily my favorite trailer of the three new ones. Some really tantalizing shots in it!

josh_axey

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 21, 2012, 10:26:50 PM
This alleges to be 720, and it does look a bit higher in resolution...
I can't wait for the 1080 of this to be released. Despite the wretched dubstep music and editing, this is easily my favorite trailer of the three new ones. Some really tantalizing shots in it!

[irk] it's definately from a Dub sub-genre, but it's not Dubstep... *grumble* *grumble* - it definately doesn't fit the mood of the movie though, thats for certain. I don't like it in the trailer.

Anyway! :-X
Rewatching it just then I noticed a scene I didn't before: Vickers tossing someone against an interior wall of the Prometheus. Gave to grab that stream and get a screenshot when I can (blast being at work!).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed