*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers*

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Dec 20, 2007, 10:47:21 PM

Author
*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers* (Read 50,465 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

After rewatching aliens i saw about 7 instance where aliens did nothing...

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:11:25 AM
Well, we know those Aliens Wolf is holding don't do anything, which is ridiculous.
Same as cameron did with the xenos in "Aliens".

He wanted to do his movie and storyline, shitting on the xenos big time to get his movie done, that was over 20 years ago now, and now you wanne tell me that it is something new that the aliens dont do anything in a couple of scenes?

You should become a newscaster, they dont tell anything new too.

gameoverman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 21, 2007, 12:05:31 AM
QuoteBut the xenos in Cameron's Aliens never behaved anything remotely like that.  If I'm wrong, please provide an example.  I await your pwnage.
Cameron showed how smart they were for example... by letting them run into the sentry guns in droves
Or letting vasquez survive an close up alien attack with a normal day handgun.
Letting hicks stick a shotgun into the aliens mouth without it doing anything but to stand there doing nothing and waiting for hicks to perform his line... i really could go on and on.

That still does not excuse them just standing there paralysed.  And I don't buy the explanation that Wolf found a nerve or something.

Btw - the sentry guns didn't kill that many aliens (it was a swarm tactic btw, to test the defences), Vasquez fired two bullets into the alien's head before it fell on her and the alien who was trying to headbite Hicks at least had it's arms occupied by trying to pull the doors open.

gameoverman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 21, 2007, 12:13:38 AM

Please list them here.

That Yellow Alien

I'm not denying the Aliens weren't shat on by Cameron, but that doesn't make it right to do it in this film, especially so blatantly.

Hicks and Vasquez never held Aliens to their face as they did nothing.

gameoverman

In Aliens, we got swarming bugs who were terrifyingly effective in close quarters combat.  In AVPR, we get this:

Major Alan Schaefer

We can't say how many it killed because there never was any body count, for all we know they lost half the hive or five
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 12:19:04 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 21, 2007, 12:13:38 AM

Please list them here.
Can't right off the top of my head...

Vasques' alien buddies didn't do that much just thrash around like its havinf a siesure (not that i minded)
Hicks' shotgun buddy (eat this...love that line)
The Alien in the elevator kinda jumped then waited for the bullets
Queen could have done a whole lot more  ::) (i love the fight as is, but i'm sure if it was in AVP-R we'd hear this)

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThat still does not excuse them just standing there paralysed.
Same goes for camerons aliens, he never had an excuse too, but now all the sudden alien fans wants an excuse? Go back 20 years and start bitching, because thats the time the alien became what it is today.
QuoteBtw - the sentry guns didn't kill that many aliens
We atleast see 5 aliens getting blasted away, and those are shots we already saw earlier in the movie  :P Talk about low budget of avp 2...
QuoteVasquez fired two bullets into the alien's head before it fell on her
No, it was already on her and did nothing but paddling in the water, then vaquez gave it the head/mouth shot and after that it wiggled arround like a retard... yeahh, cameron showed total respect to the "Perfect organism" ::)
Quoteand the alien who was trying to headbite Hicks at least had it's arms occupied by trying to pull the doors open.
And it wasnt even trying to grap the gun or shaking its head to remove it, it just stands there totally unable to move because of camerons magic and waits for hicks line.

You can tell me what you want and can come up with excuses, cameron did worse then the brothers in every way.

Major Alan Schaefer

Am i mad Cameron did this?
No, wanna know why?
Because its neccary, if every alien rips people to pieces as soon as they get close enough that'd limit what he could do

That Yellow Alien

Alien in the elevator? Do you mean the one that Hicks shoots? That happens in less than 3 seconds, there is no limpness like in this scene.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:28:06 AM
Alien in the elevator? Do you mean the one that Hicks shoots? That happens in less than 3 seconds, there is no limpness like in this scene.
let me give you the uberalien fan arguement..."The alien should have jumped on him in that time"

Johnny Handsome

The most retarded thing still is when the queen just sits there and doing nothing when ripley is burning the whole hive down and giving the queen grenades into the egg sack, the queen just sits there and doing absolutley nothing.

I still laugh my ass off how stupid the scene is. :D

That Yellow Alien

I'm guessing some people don't understand where we are coming from.

Wolf holding Aliens by the neck does not equal an Alien leaping into an elevator as it closes and Hicks shoots it.

gameoverman

The alien in the elevator shot happened in a split second - but you had to slow it down so the audience could understand what was going on.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:32:13 AM
I'm guessing some people don't understand where we are coming from.

Wolf holding Aliens by the neck does not equal an Alien leaping into an elevator as it closes and Hicks shoots it.
And wolf holding an alien by the neck does not equal this:

Quotehe most retarded thing still is when the queen just sits there and doing nothing when ripley is burning the whole hive down and giving the queen grenades into the egg sack, the queen just sits there and doing absolutley nothing.

I still laugh my ass off how stupid the scene is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed