Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,242 times)

SiL

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2020, 05:19:09 AM
Don't make an Alien TV show that doesn't have Aliens in it (not that that was what the dude was even saying anyway).
I know, my point was more I'd use something like Outland as a starting point for human drama in an Alien universe, then drop Aliens back into it. Regular people against the natural and man-made problems around them, rather than the machinations of the people in charge.

Still need to read Cold Forge. I think I put it on my Christmas wishlist this year.

SM

I wasn't disagreeing.

And in reference to a post a few posts up - The Terror was f**king great.  Something like for Alien would be sweet if it hadn't already been done with The Terror.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 30, 2020, 06:04:28 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2020, 04:01:19 AM
Silence pathetic edgelord!

But isn't that how the RPG is trending though?

Don't think so.  But people can make it trend anyway they want.  Had Olivia Schipp's story been able to progress beyond Echo, it would've gone into the a-bit-too-cosy relationship between the Company and USCM.

Local Trouble

We're all counting on you to be a bulwark against that sort of thing.

SM

SM

I think the ideas they had were sound.   How they might've played out could've been different, but we'd talked a lot about how the marines worked as an organisation, how they interact with the Company, Cameron's original concept based on British-East India company etc.  So the powers-that-be were well aware of the deets.

Local Trouble

Have you pitched a Heart of Darkness adaptation set in the Alienverse to them yet?

SM

We already have Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels.

And the original Colonial Marines comic.

I had a couple of things in the pipeline before the Mouse foiled me.

TC

Re. The Terror.

The Terror has a historical basis to it that helps out with its oppressive atmosphere of danger. Much like the Chernobyl mini-series. I feel like fiction has to work twice as hard to get the same kind of powerful effect. (Although, granted, Terror did have the made-up thing with the bear monster.)

TC

SM

I originally thought The Terror was all fiction, but I think in the first episode they started referencing real people so I looked it up.

Local Trouble

As good as it was, I didn't even bother with season two.  How was it?

SiL

Quote from: TC on Oct 01, 2020, 03:33:01 AM
Re. The Terror.

The Terror has a historical basis to it that helps out with its oppressive atmosphere of danger. Much like the Chernobyl mini-series. I feel like fiction has to work twice as hard to get the same kind of powerful effect. (Although, granted, Terror did have the made-up thing with the bear monster.)

TC
A Hadley's Hope story would give us that same sense of dread -- we know it's all going to end horribly, we just want to see how. I think that's what gives things like Chernobyl and The Terror their atmosphere -- they're otherwise so fictionalised I don't feel the reality of their origin gave them too much of a leg-up.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2020, 05:52:59 AM
As good as it was, I didn't even bother with season two.  How was it?

No idea.  I was in it for old naval stuff and the second season was an entirely different story.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2020, 06:06:34 AMA Hadley's Hope story would give us that same sense of dread -- we know it's all going to end horribly, we just want to see how.

I've really never understood the appeal of seeing an Aliens prequel. The colony is so much creepier for not seeing how it got that way.

Although maybe my opinion's just tainted by the fact I think so little of Newt's Tale and River of Pain.

The fact remains, the same story would probably be far more interesting if you just made it another colony.

SiL

Same as the appeal of seeing stories about Marie Celeste I guess.

judge death

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2020, 09:31:24 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2020, 06:06:34 AMA Hadley's Hope story would give us that same sense of dread -- we know it's all going to end horribly, we just want to see how.

I've really never understood the appeal of seeing an Aliens prequel. The colony is so much creepier for not seeing how it got that way.

Although maybe my opinion's just tainted by the fact I think so little of Newt's Tale and River of Pain.

The fact remains, the same story would probably be far more interesting if you just made it another colony.
Mainly due to: nostalgia, want to see more of the aliens movie and see what happened prior to it and make it to a part of the aliens movie and make fans of it relive the feelings they had, and this is why it most often fails: as the same feeling and theme etc is almost impossible to recreate and it also in most cases fails to live up to the expectations fans have had of what happened there for so many years that only a mircale of storywriting can live up to it.

Same reason why so many fans want to get more colonial marines vs aliens movies and have more action scenes and tension and themes aliens did, instead of something new which I hold Alien 3 in high regards of doing.

So yes I like you think doing a story/movie of a different colony or ship etc getting infested by aliens and new charachters is the way to go.

SiL

Yeah nah I just think there could be an interesting story there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed