Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,275 times)

harlock

Checking the art pic of the Jockey compared to this seat, the Jockey is clearly missing, you can see from the side where the ribs with the round button-things that lie under the Jockey's arms are.

Not sure where the legs for the Jockey, if any, would fit in that seat. It also does seem way smaller than the one sculpted for ALIEN...

Needs more study I think!  :laugh:

marsekay

marsekay

looks like theres a leg hole at the end inside that "apparatus" to me.
the wall behind makes it hard to see it

Heres a pic where it is,

Engineer1

I don't think there's armor retractable plates.
The center of the seat is too flat to have the body underneath.
The Engineer is just missing.

JaaayDee

You know, the missing Engineer could probably be the decapitated one in the production still.

Never say no to Panda!

JKS1

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 09, 2011, 07:43:09 PM
The Space Jockey and seat in the original film inspires me a lot. This thing, ahem, well... I suppose we'll have to see what is shown in in the actual film.

Agreed

Looks distinctly underwhelming to say the least

Like cheap flimsy plastic

harlock

Its nice chrome and not fossilised...

::)

Tribal

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 09, 2011, 08:37:38 PM

Has there been any solid proof that this is in fact an ALIEN movie? Last time I checked, I thought Ridley was beating around the bush by not confirming this, saying only "strands of DNA" from Alien would be in it.

To me is very clear its an alien movie:

T Dog

To the haters that be hating.

It's not assembled, it's not lit and it's not on the set in context.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Awesome. But there's no Jockey in that chair whatsoever. No legs, no arms, no torso, no head. Just a seat.

By the way, set props are normally sculpted and then molded out of a synthetic plastic polystyrene of sorts. They look fake because they are fake when not properly lit. Jesus.

I don't understand how people judge a movie entire that they haven't seen based on a prop that's a bit damaged, no on a set, and not lit correctly.  Breathe people. It's okay.

Lastly.....

Prometheus is an ALIEN spin-off prequel, set in the same universe exploring other ideas presented in ALIEN with some connecting strands to the original series.

The end.

ChrisPachi

Wow, thanks for the pictures! Got my fan-boy thrills for the week ;D. We have never seen the chair on it's own, but there it is... brilliant!

On a side note, the original script of Alien (or one of the drafts of) had the chair empty as well, with the SJ a corpse outside the derelict. Empty chair, SJ corpse... interesting parallel.

-Chris.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Movies in Hollywood hardly use sets in the past five years. Other then the recent Marvel films, the Saw films and Hellboy 1-2, I can't think of the last time that they use sets and practical effects. Recent movies in the past several years like Van Helsing (2004), The Day After Tomorrow (2004), The Island (2005), 2012 (2009), the Transformers films, Tron: Legacy (2010) and Green Lantern (2011) use all CG and no real practical effects.

SiL

Nolan's Batman movies, not to mention Inception, used a lot of in-camera effects with CG enhancements.

ThisBethesdaSea

The larger majority of films these days use actual sets.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

I can't find the leaked trailer. :(
QuoteI don't understand how people judge a movie entire that they haven't seen based on a prop that's a bit damaged, no on a set, and not lit correctly.  Breathe people. It's okay.
You should have seen gundam fans when Gundam AGE first revealed it's stills, the ignorance was beyond rampant. :laugh:
QuotePrometheus is an ALIEN spin-off prequel, set in the same universe exploring other ideas presented in ALIEN with some connecting strands to the original series.
This, although one has to wonder if this'll contradict the events of the Predator and AVP movies. They could do what Predators did and just ignore them while keeping canon, which is what I'm hoping. My biggest concern lies with whether or not they make xenomorphs essentially alien mutations/experiments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed