All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,844,407 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 11, 2020, 03:51:57 PMThey better create new characters with new stories.

You can say that again cos I'm done with productions that do nothing but beg for attention through nostalgia.
I think it only worked with Mandalorian, although to be fair there are more new characters there. But I'm looking forward to new characthers and new ages as well.

Magegg

Magegg

I wasn't much interested in the sequel trilogy, but I loved Rogue One, it's my favorite Star Wars movie.

I'm definitely much more open to new stories with new characters and a new style.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Comic Book ResourcesDisney is reportedly developing a Knights of the Old Republic Disney+ series set in the Star Wars universe, as well as the previously reported KOTOR film.

According to FandomWire, Disney has no timetable for an announcement on the series but the news could be expected as the House of Mouse prepares the next era of films and television set in a galaxy far, far away. The show comes from the series of video games, the first of which was developed by BioWare and released in 2003. Set nearly 4,000 years before the events of A New Hope, the RPG proved to be both a critical and commercial success. The game received a sequel, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords, that was developed by Obsidian.

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1217150607376756736

Quote from: ColliderThe beginning of the film very much picks up from The Last Jedi in that the First Order has cut off all communication between planets in order to suppress a rebellion inspired by Luke Skywalker's stand off at the Battle of Crait. So the spark of the rebellion did work in this version of the movie. In fact, the opening sequence of Duel of the Fates finds Finn (John Boyega), Rose (Kelly Marie Tran), and BB-8 stealing a Star Destroyer that's chock full of Imperial weapons. During the heist, Finn sees a Stormtrooper with his helmet off that he recognizes, with his story arc in Duel of the Fates nicely concluding the one that began in The Force Awakens. Oh and Rose? Apparently front and center through the whole movie, which is a damn shame given that she's completely sidelined in Rise of Skywalker.

In Trevorrow's version, Rose and Finn are on a mission to Coruscant to ignite an ancient beacon in the old Jedi Temple, which will call the galaxy to war. They get imprisoned, Rose gets interrogated by General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), and Finn leads an uprising of defecting Stormtroopers in a ground battle in the streets of Coruscant. At the very end of the movie, Finn and Rose lead a group of Force Sensitive youth to a remote planet where Rey is waiting to train the next generation of Jedi. And yes, "Broom Boy" is one of them.

As for Reylo, well, Kylo Ren still dies at the end of Duel of the Fates, but his arc in the film—as well as Rey's—is completely different. For one, there's no Emperor Palpatine. At the beginning of the movie, Kylo Ren has vanished off to Mustafar (Darth Vader's lava planet) and is wallowing around in Vader's old castle. There, he's "haunted" by the Force Ghost of Luke Sykwalker (Mark Hamill's return) and even fights a hallucinatory version of Darth Vader a la Luke's fight in the cave. He comes into contact with the Sith teacher of Palpatine, Tor Valum, via an ancient Sith device as he's trying to put an end to the Jedi and the Sith once and for all. But he's bad, bad, bad in this version of the story—he's gone full Heisenberg, so to speak.

Rey (Daisy Ridley), meanwhile, still believes there's good in Kylo Ren and has teamed up with Poe (Oscar Isaac) to put an end to the Jedi/Sith in her own way—another story point this film picks up from the ending of The Last Jedi.

And Rey's parents? Still nobodies (i.e. Rey is not a Palpatine), but Kylo Ren killed them at the behest of Snoke. Ouch. The finale of the movie finds Rey and Kylo Ren duking it out on the mystical planet Mortis, with Rey getting an assist from the Force Ghosts of Luke, Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor, presumably), and Yoda. The Jedi try unsuccessfully to bring Kylo Ren back to the light, but he's too far gone and in the end he is "extinguished."

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1217597371514867712

The Old One

The Old One

Even not caring for that Director's work, I think if that's true, I'd prefer it without a doubt.

Prez

Prez

I personally prefer what we got in the cinemas. Me happy ... even after 42 years with these films - warts and all, I love em.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see why, I see the whole thing is an example of what not to do when creating a Trilogy, it's a mess.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

There have been just about no redeeming qualities to the new trilogy imo.

I'd rather see more series, but I'm going to be wary of them just like I was with Mando. While I was pleasantly surprised with Mando though it's better to be safe than sorry.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

After seeing TFA and TLJ in the theaters and left terribly unsatisfied, I voted with my wallet and refrained from seeing TROS , so it was satisfying to see the decline in box office from episodes 8 - 9. 

I did the same thing after seeing Transformers 3 in the theaters. I realized I can't keep supporting these films, even though the tempting trailers always looked amazing.

All you can hope to do is to inspire improvement down the road.  :)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 16, 2020, 02:35:02 PM
After seeing TFA and TLJ in the theaters and left terribly unsatisfied, I voted with my wallet and refrained from seeing TROS , so it was satisfying to see the decline in box office from episodes 8 - 9. 

I did exactly the same. I watched TFA in the cinema and even bought blu-ray. I watched TLJ in the cinema but didn't buy blu-ray. With TROS I skipped everything (cinema and blu-ray). You can clearly see the pattern here.

kwisatz

kwisatz

You Rebel Scum!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 16, 2020, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 16, 2020, 02:35:02 PM

I did exactly the same. I watched TFA in the cinema and even bought blu-ray. I watched TLJ in the cinema but didn't buy blu-ray. With TROS I skipped everything (cinema and blu-ray). You can clearly see the pattern here.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 16, 2020, 02:04:47 PM
I'd rather see more series, but I'm going to be wary of them just like I was with Mando. While I was pleasantly surprised with Mando though it's better to be safe than sorry.

The Mandalorian was a quality product. If they continue like this, I prefer the series over tons of movies honestly. Hopefully, if there is any Kotor series on the way, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are going to be involved with the project.

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1217501922820853763

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed